This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

[FIXED] Safari Problem with database: "no such table: keys"

eraser
edited August 2011 in Mac
1 Password is not working in Safari. I can unlock 1Password application, but it's not possible to do so in Safari. I always have to copy/paste all logins from 1Password application into Safari. Sucks big time!!!

I uninstalled and reinstalled the extension several times. No luck.

I have updated whenever something needed update.

Please help.

Safari: Version 5.1

1Password: Version 3.7.5.BETA-3 (build 31103)

Extension: 3.7.b13

Mac OS X: Version 10.7

I get the following error message:

Comments

• Now, I am getting really mad.

What the hell did I pay for, if the software is not working?

One writes an email explaining the problems > no answer. Says with all the work it could take a while to get a response. It would be faster to join the forums.

Well, forum joined > same outcome.

So much for support.

Thanks
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi there,

Welcome to the forums. We'd love to be able to respond to everyone in our normal, under 24 hour, response time. With the current inflow of requests it simply isn't possible. We're getting to everyone as quickly as we can.

1Password 3.7.5 has been released and one of the items it is supposed to address is this issue. Please update and see if that helps.

Thanks

Ben
  • eraser
    edited August 2011
    Ben,

1P is updated to latest version > no change. Still getting the same error message

Thanks

eraser
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited August 2011
    [quote name='eraser' timestamp='1312985241' post='38273']

1P is updated to latest version > no change. Still getting the same error message

[/quote]

Thanks for the update, eraser.

It sounds like you've updated the main 1Password application and not the Safari extension; let's verify.

First, open 1Password and select the 1Password > About 1Password menu; you should see version 3.7.5.

Next, open Safari and go to the Safari > Preferences > Extensions window. Select the 1Password (beta) extension and you should see the version 3.7.b16. I'm assuming it is not beta #16. If so, click on Updates in the bottom left hand corner, and then install the 1Password update.

Once updated, please restart Safari by using the Cmd-Option-Q keyboard shortcut (just Cmd-Q on Snow Leopard). This will clear any cache files Safari was using for the extension, but it will also close all your open windows so be sure to bookmark any sites you need.

I hope that helps. Please let us know how it turns out.
  • Dave,

Thanks for getting back to me again.

Done all you suggested, still get the same error.

1P version: 3.7.5 (build 31106)

Extension: 1Password (beta) 3.7.b16

✔ Enable 1Password (beta)

✔ Install updates automatically

I even uninstalled the extension, quit with cmd-opt-q and reinstalled the extension again

What now?
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    Thanks for the update. That's a surprise but we should be able to find the culprit if we dig deeper.

Please check your messages in this forum. I sent you a private message.
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited August 2011
    [img]http://i.agilebits.com/dt/proven-solution-20110803-121213.png[/img]

[i][b]Edit by AgileBits: This is a proven solution.[/b][/i]

Thank you for the Diagnostics Report, eraser.

I can see from the report that you have Safari's Private Browsing mode enabled. We are not sure why, but this can cause problems with installed extensions. We're working with Apple on a resolution but for now please discontinue using that feature.

To fix this, you need to restart Safari at least once. Use the “Command + Option + Q” to close Safari completely. Unfortunately, there's something weird with how Safari handles Private Browsing mode that requires you to do this two or three times. Please try several times, checking if the unlock screen works after each restart.
  • I tried several times with Private Browsing mode disabled and enabled. It didn't work either way.

Right now it seems to work (mode disabled). I sincerely hope it stays that way.

I'll let you know if it wouldn't work anymore.

Thanks for the help. Appreciated.

Have a great day
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    [quote name='eraser' timestamp='1313000464' post='38356']

I tried several times with Private Browsing mode disabled and enabled. It didn't work either way.

[/quote]

Personally I only use it for testing purposes but I've found Private Browsing mode confusing as it turns itself off after every restart, so I often forget it is no longer enabled. Also, it appears to take multiple restarts before it is truly disabled, at least from an extensions point of view. I'm guessing we'll see some improvements here soon from Apple.

Right now it seems to work (mode disabled). I sincerely hope it stays that way.

[/quote]

Awesome! Thank you for the update!

Thanks for the help. Appreciated.

Have a great day

[/quote]

You're very welcome. You have a great day, too!