This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Handling multi-page logins

mstrammd
mstrammd Junior Member
<div class="IPBDescription">Suggestion</div>I was wondering if you are working on a way to use 1Password for sites that require a 2-step log in process. Many sites, particularly financial institutions for online banking and brokerage services, are requiring the user to enter a username (usually associated with verification of an image that only you and the site should know) on one page that if correctly entered directs you to a second page where you must enter your password. The way I have been using 1Password on these sites for the last few years is that I manually enter my username and then use 1Password to enter my password on the second page. I am finding the more and more sites are using this higher level of security and it would be nice if you could enhance 1Password to allow "one click" password entry on such sites.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    [quote name='mstrammd' timestamp='1312920596' post='38093']

I was wondering if you are working on a way to use 1Password for sites that require a 2-step log in process.[/quote]

1Password currently can't handle these automatically, though this may certainly be something we look into for the future, however a lot of users work around this by having two separate saved Login items for each stage of the process.

It sounds like you already have one setup for the password portion of the Login, but if you navigate to the username entry portion of your bank's login page you can enter your username and then, before you submit the form to move to the next step, click the 1Password button in your browser in your button and then use the option to save a new Login manually. This will be a unified experience soon but for now you can do this in the following ways:

[list]

[*][b]Safari[/b]: Click the '+' button in the top right of the extension to save the details, you can double-click the item's title to edit it before clicking 'Save'.

[*][b]Firefox[/b]: Choose 'Save Login' from the drop-down menu and then fill in the details as required

[*][b]Chrome[/b]: Choose 'Save New Login' from the 1Password interface and then fill in the details as required

[/list]

If this part of the login has a process that requires you to verify something manually, such as a captcha or site image of some kind, then you'll need to open 1Password, locate the newly saved Login and then click 'Edit' and change the 'Submit' option to 'Never' so that 1Password won't auto-submit this part of the login.

I hope that helps,