This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

What are the items with keyhole icons?

<div class="IPBDescription">Generated Passwords explained</div>All my accounts are in 1password now and I have organized everything into folders. I have gone into every account and created a unique super password for each. The thing I don't understand is why I need to see both a login and a keyhole "generated password" for each. Doesn't the login hold the new generated password? Can I just delete the keyholes that make a bunch of clutter?

Thanks!

Comments

• [quote name='fishandfly' timestamp='1312924427' post='38109']

Doesn't the login hold the new generated password? Can I just delete the keyholes that make a bunch of clutter?

[/quote]

Hi fishandfly,

I'm sorry for any confusion here, the items with 'keyhole' icons are 'Generated Password' items, 1Password automatically creates these each time you create a new password, be it within 1Password itself or when changing a password for a site.

They're really designed as a safety net, in case somehow the Login item isn't updated with the correct password or something goes wrong with filling the password you've generated into the site.

You can by all means delete these, the Login item stores all the data you need, but they're there just in case you need them.

I hope that helps,
  • fishandfly
    edited August 2011
    Awesome! Thanks! Feel free to delete the thread if you like.
  • [quote name='fishandfly' timestamp='1312929363' post='38133']

Feel free to delete the thread if you like.

[/quote]

You're welcome, fishandfly, and we never really delete a thread unless it's 'spam', the answer may be helpful to other people searching the forums, which is one of the great things about having a forum.