This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Fill Login Keyboard Shortcut

I can't get the Fill Login Keyboard Shortcut to work with my chosen shortcut of command-`. It will record the shortcut in prefs, but then in Safari 5.1 there's no response. I have disabled the command-` shortcut in SysPref<Keyboar<Move Focus to Next Window, so that's not the problem. Any suggestions? I'm in 1P 3.7.1.

Side note: I'd prefer to use command-1, but Safari reserves that for the first bookmark in the bookmark bar. Any idea on how to override that?

Thank you,

William

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    William,

This should be fixed with our latest 3.7.5 update and the latest update to the Safari extension. To get this new update please go to 1Password > Check for Updates from within 1Password which should prompt you to download the latest version, currently 3.7.1 at the time of writing.

Once that's done, please update the Safari extension to the latest version by performing a manual update within Safari > Preferences > Extensions as we detail at the bottom of this guide:

http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/safari_5.1_install_update.html

With some of the new changes in the update, there are few extra steps to follow. First of all, please go to Help > Troubleshooting > Restart Agent within 1Password and finally restart Safari, using Command-Option-Q if you're on Lion, to ensure the extension is properly reloaded.

I hope that helps,
  • Stu,

Thank you for the help, but it didn't fix the problem. I updated 1P, used Restart Agent, restarted Safari, etc., plus uninstalled and reinstalled the Safari ext just to be sure, but the Fill Login Shortcut didn't work.

Any other thoughts?

Thank you,

William
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    William, are you using Fast User Switching? If so, try restarting your Mac. (Heck, it wouldn't hurt to do so even if you aren't.) Does the shortcut work if you use the default ⌘\ shortcut or choose a different one? It may just be an issue with that particular shortcut on your system, a conflict.

Please let me know.