This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

How to Move Database from DropBox?

<div class="IPBDescription">How to Move 1Password Database from Dropbox back to Mac?</div>How do I move my 1Password database from DropBox back to my Mac?

It's easy to get into Dropbox, there's a button for that in Preferences. But getting out doesn't seem intuitive at all.

I found a post about closing 1Password and moving "the keychain file", but it didn't say what that file's name is. There are a number of files in my 1Password area in Dropbox.

Help! Thanks.

Comments

• roustem
    roustem AgileBits Founder
    If you are comfortable using Finder then you can move it just like any other file and then double-click to launch 1Password and tell it use the new location.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited August 2011
    Hi NudnikShpilkes, welcome to the forums!

The keychain file name is [b][i]1Password.agilekeychain[/i][/b] and it should be located in the root of your Dropbox folder. Open Finder, go to the Dropbox folder, drag this file to your Documents or Home > Library > Application Support > 1Password folder. Double click on it to have 1Password open it.

I hope this helps.