This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Hang after auto locking

Hello,

1Password 3.7.5

Mac OS X Lion 10.7

Whenever 1Password goes into auto lock (due to machine going to screen saver or sleep), 1Password becomes unresponsive. Only option is to Force Quit and relaunch.

This is always reproducible on my machine.

Workaround: Disable auto-lock feature in 1Password preferences.

Can anybody test this and let me know if this is a problem with my specific setup or a general problem?

Thanks,

SirLancaster

Comments

• dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    Welcome to the forums, SirLancaster!

[quote name='SirLancaster' timestamp='1312996612' post='38336']

Whenever 1Password goes into auto lock (due to machine going to screen saver or sleep), 1Password becomes unresponsive. Only option is to Force Quit and relaunch.

[/quote]

This is surprising; I haven't heard of this issue before. Can you take a Process Sample of 1Password for us during the hanging? To do this, open Activity Monitor, select the 1Password process, and then press the Sample Process button on the toolbar, as shown here:

[img]http://cdn.agilebits.com/dt/Activity_Monitor-20110810-133416.jpg[/img]
  • I reboot the machine. Re-enabled auto-lock and it seems to be working now. If the issue reoccurs, I will take the process sample and send it to you.

Thanks!
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Thanks for the update, SirLancaster. Please do let us know if it happens again.
  • Hi. It happened again. Actually, this seems unrelated with 1Password and more like an OS X Lion issue. I noticed that my machine was becoming very slow, when switching users with fast user switching enabled. Sometimes I had to hard reset my machine because of how slow it was at the login screen (not the initial system boot, but during switching of existing sessions or after screen saver was enabled). I disabled fast user switching and the machine seems stable again, including 1Password. No issues in the last 24 hours. Many users reporting issues with fast user switching on Lion.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Interesting. We are seeing at least one other issue related to Fast User Switching as well. If it happens again, please grab a process sample. We'd love to take a look at it.

Cheers,
  • SirLancaster
    edited August 2011
    Hi. It happened again even with Fast user Switching disabled. This time I took a sample of the 1P process. How do I upload it? Should I just paste the text in the body of a post?
  • Hello SirLancaster,

Please attach the file to an e-mail and send to [email="support@agilebits.com"]support@agilebits.com[/email] (along with a link to this thread so that we may be able to quicker connect the dots.)

Cheers!

Brandt