This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Backup/Restore between iPhone and iPad with 1Password Pro

AlecEdworthy
AlecEdworthy Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
I now own 1Password Pro (having owned 1Password for iPhone and 1Password for iPad previously - don't ask) and wanted to get my data from one device to the other. As my iPad is the most up to date source at the moment I took a backup of the database from there and then restored it to the iPhone using the Backup/Restore mechanism (which says "suitable for restoring to 1Password for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad") but when I restore this to my iPhone it prompts for a 4 digit passcode (which you cannot set in 1Password Pro for the iPad) and does not accept the one I had previously entered in 1Password Pro on my iPhone (understandable as I presume I've wiped the iPhone's previous database using the database from my iPad). How can I restore the iPad's database to the iPhone or can the two not be sync'ed in this manner (and so I'm going to have to resort to using 1Password on the Mac to sync wirelessly)?

Thanks, Alec

Comments

• Dan Richardson
    Dan Richardson Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='AlecEdworthy']when I restore this to my iPhone it prompts for a 4 digit passcode (which you cannot set in 1Password Pro for the iPad)[/QUOTE]

Except that you can. That's the trick, set your iPad password to be 4 digits before backing it up.
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    edited December 1969
    That's true, Dan! :)

Alec, please see this article on our web site: [url]http://help.agile.ws/1Password_iPad/sync_multiple_devices.html[/url]
  • AlecEdworthy
    AlecEdworthy Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thank you both very much, sorry for not finding the article you linked to myself.

Alec
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='AlecEdworthy']Thank you both very much, sorry for not finding the article you linked to myself.

Alec[/QUOTE]

That's okay, and thanks for letting us know you got the pointers.

Don't forget to change your Master Password on the iPad back to something strong after you've made the backup for the iPhone.