This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Larger icon

Hi guys,

Thanks for building the application but just one little thing. On launcher's such as Samsung's TouchWiz, MIUI and other iPhone-esque UI's a background is drawn behind the icon of the shipped icon is too small.

This is the case of the 1Password icon, about 3-5px on each side if I can gather which causes a gray background to be drawn behind the icon. It's a tiny little thing but it's just a wee bit ugly.

[attachment=1093:20110811_223923.jpg]

I was wondering if you could fix that in the next update, whenever that is due.

Comments

• [font=lucida sans unicode,lucida grande,sans-serif]Hi, Daenney! I'm sorry, but I can't understand the problem, could you explain a little more? 1Password Reader has a round icon that appears without a background on my Android phone - that is, I have a theme that puts application icons in rounded squares and the background behind the 1Password icon is the same background applied to other application icons. In your screenshot, it looks like there's a blue background and grey border that are different from the other application icons. I am not sure where this background and border came from.[/font]
  • That background and border you see is created automatically when the icon provided by the application is not as big as the space the launcher assigns for an icon.

Basically, the launcher expects a, say 25x25px sized icon and you're providing it a 20x20px icon (this is just an example). What MIUI's and Samsung's launchers then do is draw a background with gradients and rounded corner behind that icon to fill the void. This ensures that visually you have the same amount of space you can tap to launch an application regardless of how big or tiny the icon is.

So the basic problem here is, the 1Password icon needs to become just a bit bigger so as to fill up the space so that the launcher doesn't draw a background behind it to fill it up.
  • GeneY
    GeneY AWS Team
    edited August 2011
    Hello Daenney,

Thank you very much for clarifying the issue for us.

Please notice that 1Password Reader is oriented on the standard Android Operation System. At this time, adopting the application for non standard Android ROM including MIUI is not considered a priority.

Here at Agile our topmost priority is security of our customers' data.Therefore, we are quite

hesitant to adopt any technology which may potentially compromise data security in any way.

We are not convinced that rooting Android phone is considered a valid practice at this time.

More research is needed to make sure the approach is considered acceptable and approved by Google and device manufactures. Until we have a definite information on that from recognized authorities we will refrain from making any changes to 1Password Reader.

Best regards,

Gene

Android developer