This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Can't delete Wi-Fi sync devices [FIXED by deleting the sync items after uninstalling Safari exte

I've recently re-setup my iPhone/iPad and found out I cannot remove existing sync device from 1Password, for whatever reason. Every time I tried to remove it from the list (by right clicking on an item and press delete); the device re-appears again immediately but now with no last-sync information associated to it (device type shown up as "Unknown").

This is extremely frustrating. Is there any way to remove the sync device?

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited August 2011
    Welcome to the forums, sign. I'm sorry that you are having this problem.

Are the devices on the same Wi-Fi network with Wi-Fi syncing enabled? They likely don't do any harm being displayed in the list, but this is not expected behavior. I am not able to reproduce the problem on my own network. Try turning off Wi-Fi on your Mac and then deleting the items. Do they reappear instantly or perhaps only once you turn Wi-Fi back on?

Please let me know.

Thanks!
  • Sorry for the late reply.

The leftover entries are from before I restore (and re-setup) two of my iOS devices without backups. After the devices are restored, I installed 1Password Pro on both devices and authenticate the sync with this Mac again, which it now appears as two newly created entries in Sync sidebar. I tried to delete the previous one (two) that was authenticated before the restore, at first they appeared as normal iOS devices but after I deleted them, they reappeared again now with a device type of "Unknown".

I've tried several attempt to delete these sync items, including disconnect the device from Wi-Fi network, turn-off Wi-Fi and delete the device, disable Wuala sync I'm using with 1Password.agilekeychain file, with no luck. When I look at 1Password.agilekeychain, I found there're four syncstate files, two updated on August 12 and another two updated on Jan 29, 2010 and June 9, 2010.

I'm currently running 1Password build 31107 on OSX Lion. iOS devices that "stuck" was running iOS 5 beta 5 (for in-house testing) before I downgrade to 4.3.5 via iTunes 10.4.

Thanks.
  • I read this thread: [url=http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/6810-smart-folder-that-keeps-appearing-after-being-deleted/]Smart Folder That Keeps Appearing After Being Deleted[/url] and deleting the sync items after uninstalling Safari extension; the sync item never popped up again. This problem is fixed for me.

Thanks.
  • Hey sign,

Thank you for updating the thread with your solution!

I'm very happy that you are up and running again.

Cheers!

Brandt
This discussion has been closed.