This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Duplicate entries and unlock / master password

Since the Lion upgrade (presently running 1P 3.6.1), I've found that I'm growing a vigorous crop of duplicate entries: groups of entries with the same name, same URL, same credentials; any one of them works to log into the indicated site.

I've been sort of living with that for a while, just remembering not to say "yes" when asked about creating a new entry that I think should already exist … and occasionally combing my lists and pruning dupes. I'm beginning to notice a pattern, though, that might help to fix the problem.

It seems to me that at least one story that causes this is:

1. lock 1P, reboot, log out, or wait long enough that the auto-lock happens

2. visit and log into a site

3. when asked to unlock 1P to save the credentials, enter the master password

At this point, it seems I'm offered the chance to save the "new" credentials regardless of whether they're already on file. Answering "yes" creates a duplicate.

Comments

• khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    Welcome to the forums, jackr. Please update to the latest version of 1Password (3.7.5 at the time of this writing) since we have made many improvements since the version you indicated you are using. Also, make sure you are running version 3.7 of the 1Password Safari extension.

The problem should be resolved if you are using the latest versions of 1Password and the Safari extension.

Please let me know how it goes.

Cheers,