This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password Doesn't Work

1Password simply doesn't work if you follow the directions in the tutorials. It does not change and update passwords as advertised. It generates complex passwords for websites that won't accept them. It stores new generated passwords which could not be added because they don't work and forgets the older passwords -- not putting them in the history as advertised.

Finally -- the "Contact Us" invitation is a scam -- there is no way to contact given other than snail mail; no email address provided.

There is a moneyback guarantee -- I can't even find how to contact the company to get the money back.

Comments

• I'm really sorry for the trouble here, dlperry, we need to update our documentation to reflect the changes with the new Safari interface.

First of all, we stand by our money back guarantee and while we've removed our e-mail address from the contact us pages in the help guide for now, you can always contact us via http://agilebits.com/contact_us and we'll get back to you as quickly as we can. If you drop us a note there today I can get your order refunded for you.

The password history function will only work if you've saved your original details to 1Password, otherwise there's no way for us to know what your original password was. Updating existing logins is something we need to fix though, our Safari extension has had to be rebuilt from scratch over the last few months, replacing 5 years of work, so there are some areas that still need work.

Sites not accepting a password isn't something we can control, we do try to detect a password length requirement if the site's developers have correctly coded it into the password fields, but beyond that there's no standard way for tools like 1Password to know a site's password requirements. That said, why a site should be restricting the type of password you can use for their site is beyond me and is one of my biggest frustrations.

Hope that helps,