This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Knox - Menu Bar vs Dock

cypressdrive
cypressdrive Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
After updating to 10.6.4 I find on startup that the Knox icon resets to the dock although it was in the menu bar when I shut down.

When I check preferences the selection is clearly set to menu bar however I have to choose dock, relaunch, then choose menu bar and relaunch to fix.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    cypressdive,

It sounds as if you have a bad preference file, most likely allowing Knox to create a new file will fix this. If you wish to do this you should note that you will need to reenter your license key and set and preferences again as well as showing Knox which vaults you want it to manage. You can do the last item by dragging your created vaults into the windows on Knox's vault pane.

Quit Knox.

To remove the preference file got to ~/library/preferences and then delete just the com.knoxformac.knox.plist
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    You can also try toggling the preference to see if that helps.

Please let us know how it turns out; another user reported a similar issue and I'd like to track this down. I'm running the same setup as you and Knox is starting properly in my menu bar. I wonder what is different?