This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Search is stuck on "Everywhere"

snowblink
snowblink Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
Version 3.2.2 (build 30657)

When I search, the drop down box only has everywhere as an option. I think I used to be able to search by section.

[attachment=83:1Password-1.jpg]

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited June 2010
    Hi,

[URL=http://imgur.com/jFasB.png][IMG]http://imgur.com/jFasBl.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

I'm reusing the same picture from somewhere else, but do you see the second red arrow on the right side, Selected Section is the search for the section. Pick the section you want and press "Selected Section" to search in that section only instead of everywhere or you can already search for something, press on Selected Section and then click the section you want to look in. Both ways is the same thing, just in different direction.
  • snowblink
    snowblink Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Thank you! That now makes sense. Just not so intuitive for me.
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi snowblink,

I guess we can't please everyone all of the time, we changed the search behaviour to default to searching everywhere after overwhelming feedback that users would prefer this. I guess the way to think of it, at least for me, is to think that the search defaults to a wide search then you can narrow it down as you want when you want, rather than starting narrow and then widening it.

Hope that helps,
  • karuba
    karuba Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hi

I like the change to global search, it simplifies things for me. But (isn't there always?) I would like to exclude the trashcan from the search results. Would it be possible to add an option to the preferences "Do not search in trashcan on global search"?

Best

Timo
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi Timo,

You know, we were talking about that just the other day at The Mythical Agile HQ… oh wait I mean our company chat… anyway, we discussed the trash being included in the search and decided it wasn't the best idea and so as from 1Password 3.2.3-Beta1 we've removed the trash from the search. If you want to update to the Beta please go to 1Password > Preferences > Updates and select 'Include Beta versions' and then click 'Check Now'

Hope that helps,
  • karuba
    karuba Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hey Stu

That's great. Must have been telepathy involved

I think I'll wait for the next non-beta release, though.

Timo
  • [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Timo,

By all means, I will say though that I genuinely have never had a major problem with a Beta version of 1Password and I always ran the Betas even before I joined the team some 5 months ago now :-)
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='stu']Timo,

By all means, I will say though that I genuinely have never had a major problem with a Beta version of 1Password and I always ran the Betas even before I joined the team some 5 months ago now :-)[/QUOTE]

Same here.

@Timo, the search now works without the trash can being included in it.They should have the final stable version in the next few days.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MikhailT']Same here.

@Timo, the search now works without the trash can being included in it.They should have the final stable version in the next few days.[/QUOTE]

And the top entry of the Changelog for the official, and now released, 1Password 3.2.3 is......

[INDENT][INDENT]No longer including items from the trash in search results when searching "Everywhere".[/INDENT][/INDENT]