This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

SOLUTION FOR ANYONE BEING LOCKED OUT, SECONDS AFTER UNLOCKING.

sanscommunique
edited August 2011 in Mac
This is by no means a permanent fix, but it will stop you from tearing out your hair/smashing your Mac into bits or hunting down anyone from AgileBits in the next few weeks.

The Auto-Lock issue has something to do with the screensaver issue in Lion. Google it if you want to know more.

Bottom line, in 1Password, in Preferences, under the security tab, in the few seconds you have after unlocking 1Password, un-check all the "Auto-Lock" options. Job done.

It really is that simple, and puzzling why no one at AgileBits has addressed this or worked it out this temporary fix yet.

(NOTE: I had yet to see the post about removing Air Display or Launchbar, so my apologies there. I had neither installed on my machine though, so i am still at a loss to explain it.)

Yes you will have to remember to lock the thing, but it's a damn sight better than playing "snatch whatever password you need in under 2 seconds" every time.

Hope this helps.

Comments

• I have this same problem, and this solution worked for me.
  • Thanks for posting this, sanscommunique, we're still looking into why this is happening on screen-saver activation and it actually looks to be related to some third party software such as AirDisplay or DisplayPad.

There should be quite a few topics about this already in the forums with our suggested solutions.