This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Unable to sync after clean OS install

sandlog
sandlog Junior Member
I have always had my 1pw file on dropbox since that became an option.

it's worked fine. i have 1pw on my iPhone and it syncs with the dropbox file fine and i can login and see all my data.

however after i just installed a fresh copy of lion on my computer (not an upgrade) and then i proceeded to download and install 1pw, the file no longer syncs.

i can see the file on dropbox and it's 6.6mb so i know there is data in there.

i was originally getting key errors and the database error.

dropbox says all files are up to date.

i even tried copying the keychain file locally to my documents and checking the permissions by showing package contents.

when i copy it locally it doesn't even like the file. it says no data found - please select the existing .agilekeychain. but the file is clearly 6.6mb - it's not zero.

then after copying it to my documents folder and rebuilding the data file, i was able to open the file, but there are only 2-3 logins? i had over 100? and i still see them on my iPhone.

this is driving me crazy because all my logins are in this file.

i thought this was going to be painless after a rebuild because i use dropbox???

can you please advise on what else i can do?

i will gladly upload the file to an admin or something....

Comments

• sandlog
    sandlog Junior Member
    c'mon really nobody can help? i bought your product yet i can't email for support.
  • I don't use dropbox, but looking at the 1Password support pages I suspect that you just treat you're clean install of Lion/1Password the same as any new device you want to sync. From the support page:

"To configure 1Password on your other Macs, first setup Dropbox, then make sure you have the latest version of 1Password installed and [i]running[/i]. Locate your [i]1Password.agilekeychain[/i] file in your Dropbox folder. If it has a green check mark badge indicating that the sync is complete, double click it, and 1Password will confirm that you want to use this new location.[b]Important[/b] [i]If it shows the blue syncing badge rather than the green check mark badge, wait until the badge is a green check mark before opening the file. Failure to do so could result in data corruption.[/i][color=#333333]

After clicking [i]Yes[/i], 1Password will configure itself to use this new data file. Since the data file is monitored by Dropbox, any change you make to your data file will be automatically synchronized to all your other Macs. 1Password and its browser extensions will detect these changes and automatically reload the data file, allowing completely automatic and seamless syncing without MobileMe."[/color]

[color=#333333]

Did you try just double clicking your [i]1Password.agilekeychain[/i] file in your Dropbox folder?[/color]
  • sandlog
    sandlog Junior Member
    @daggle - i just tried what you said and it did open. the problem is that i only see 4 old logins in the database. none of my wallet items are there and i had over 100 logins in my file. the file is 6.6mb. Something isn't right.

i haven't moved or changed my keychain file on dropbox since i put there several months ago.

could someone PLEASE tell me how i can recover my info? i trusted this software to keep my logins and my credit card info safe and now it looks like i'm SOL. how does it just disappear? a 6mb file doesn't have 4 logins in it...
  • It does sound strange that you're only seeing a few items showing up. The first, and most important question, is if you have any proper backups of your system, for example Time Machine backups?

While Dropbox should work without any issues, and your data should remain intact, things can go wrong and so backups are vitally important and with them we can restore your 1Password data.

Also, to help us track down the issue more quickly, could you please email us your Diagnostics Report? To generate the report from 1Password on your Mac, open 1Password and select Help > Troubleshooting > Diagnostics Report. Then attach the entire file to an email addressed to support@agilebits.com.

Please include a link to this thread in your email message so that we can "connect the dots."

We'll do our best to get you up and running again with all of your previous data.