This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

[Feature Request] Tidy Recent Items

Haravikk
Haravikk Junior Member
edited August 2011 in Knox
This is one I've currently been trying to do via script, but would be a good feature for Knox.

Basically the idea is that when a vault is unmounted, the recent items are cleared of anything that was contained within the vault.

This would be useful as a flag to prevent recent items being shown, such that anyone can trivially see what you've been accessing, even if you've hidden it away in an encrypted volume. It might be a good idea for this to be default behaviour, but a flag will be good as it allows the user to decide if they want the recent items to be usable, since they do include a convenient way to mount the vault as well.

Basically it's a case of looking through the recent items (.plist in ~/Library/Preferences), though I don't know anything about the format and how'd you go about decoding the aliases listed there and how to find out where they point to. I also don't know if there's a good convention for recent items stored on a per application basis, as apps like Pages etc. all do this.

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi Haravikk,

That's a great idea. We'll look into this for a possible future update to Knox. Thanks for bringing this up.