This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password not syncing, Dropbox, Lion

I have three computers that I use 1password on. One running snow leopard, and the other two running lion. I made changes today at my office, and added one new password. When I came home, the changes were not reflected on my home computer. I tried clearing cache, and rebuilding the data file, and no luck. Had the same problem yesterday. All machines are running 1p 3.7.5

Any ideas?

Comments

• jgajon
    edited August 2011
    It seems I'm experiencing the same problem. A few days ago I saved a new login from the plugin in Safari, and now I noticed that that item is nowhere to be found if I launch the 1Password app. I can see it from the plugin but not from the app, and not from the 1PasswordAnywhere.

Also, I deleted an item from the 1Password app, but I can still see it from the plugin.

I tried quitting and re-launching Safari and it didn't make any difference.

This is my first interaction in this forum so I created a new account and of course saved the login using the plugin. I just launched the 1Password app and I can't find the login to this forum there either!.

It is like the plugin and the app are living in different, separate worlds.

This is very worrying, now I wonder if I have more item that I saved from the plugin that are not in my 1Password keychain, and they are not being synced to Dropbox either. I opened 1PasswordAnywhere from my account's Dropbox webpage and those two login items I mentioned are not there!

How can I make the plugin sync with the real database again? I'm very worried about this.

Thank you.

1Password 3.7.1 (build 31089)

Safari plugin version 3.7 (There are no updates available, tried unchecking the automatic updates box)

Safari 5.1

OSX 10.6.8 (Snow Leopard)
  • michaelsmanley
    michaelsmanley Junior Member
    I'm seeing the same behavior. Passwords added or generated through the plugin do not appear in the 1password application. Items (such as credit cards) added in the application do not show up in the plugin.

OS X 10.7.1

Safari 5.1 (7534.48.3)

1Password 3.8.0.BETA-2 (build 31109)

1Password Extension for Safari 3.7, freshly installed with today's update of the application.

1Password data file is stored on Dropbox in ~/Dropbox/1password.agilekeychain

I have not tried to see what syncing to my iPhone or iPad creates. This behavior has made 1password practically useless for me, which is unfortunate as I'm trying to convince a client to use it.
  • michaelsmanley
    Just for an additional data point, moving the keyring off of Dropbox did not help matters. I'm syncing my iOS devices by wifi and it seems to be staying in sync with the app. Only the Safari plugin (I don't use any others) seems to be lost in the weeds.
  • michaelsmanley
    Following the "uninstall plugin, command-option quit Safari, restart Safari, download plugin and install again" dance from the other thread seems to have brought the plugin back into line. Thanks.
  • Hello michaelsmanley and welcome to the Forums!

Thank you for updating the thread and for posting your solution.

If anyone else is still experiencing the same behavior after following this procedure, please let us know.

Cheers!

Brandt