This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Unfocussed Master Password means password goes in to Search Field

I could not find an email address (or it was still disabled), so I'm trying the forums.

When the Master Password entry field is not focussed, the password ends up in the Search Field once you unlocked. This means that the Master Password is visible if you don't pay attention, typing fast without to much looking.

I've seen this only one time, because it seems quite hard to have the Master Password unfocussed. I'm not sure how I got into that situation. It was just very surprising I could see my master password in the Search Field.

1Password 3.6.1, Mac OS 10.7.0, using multiple desktops (might have been while quickly switching)

Cheers,

Geert

Comments

• This was fixed quite a few updates ago, and 3.6.1 is relatively out-of-date, please open 1Password and go to 1Password > Check for Updates to get the latest 3.7.5 update which fixes the master password focus issue as well as many other issues.

The problem was due to Lion's auto-resume functionality, it's something we hadn't accounted for but once we foudn the issue it was quickly fixed.

I hope that helps,