This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Dropbox: Is it okay to move the .ws.agile.1Password.settings file? [NO!]

I first installed the [color=#ff0000][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif]1Password.agilechain[/font][/color] file directly in the Drobox folder, but later I moved it into a folder inside this generic folder. It seems it is syncing correctly, However, I noticed an invisible file, called [color=#ff0000][font=verdana,geneva,sans-serif].ws.agile.1Password.settings[/font][/color], which has remained in the original location. 1Password is not complaining, but I feel uncomfortable with the situation and fear some day some conflict will arise. I assume it should seat next to the keychain file. Should I manually move it ?

Notice that this is an invisible file, but it is visible in the Dropbox web site.

Comments

• No, do not move that file, it has to stay in the root of your Dropbox folder in order for our mobile applications, if you use them, to be able to locate your data file in Dropbox since it's no longer in the default location.

This file contains nothing more than a pointer to your actual data file location, there is no actual 1Password information stored within in it.
  • For everyone reading this thread, please do NOT move your .ws.agile.1Password.settings file. Read Stu's post for more details.
This discussion has been closed.