This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

We, who early bought Knox, because Agile bought it

Gilles9
Gilles9 Senior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
Hello,

as we trusted Agile, to make sound decision, from our experience with 1Password

and early in the game after the "buy/Take over" we we bought a licence of for Knox

and we may be somehow disappointed with some Knox small problems, issues

should be rewarded when any new major upgrade/ update of Knox are release

as we took the risk based on trust for Agile

I am convince a new full uprarde of Knox must be in the works

and it will get better and better

Please trust and encourage the early adopter of Knox under the Agile brand

Just a thought for you folks

thansk for condsidering

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    We do have some Knox bug fixes in the hopper... hopefully we'll have a release really soon now. I don't want to say how soon because I don't want to jinx it. :)

We really appreciate all the support, patience and belief you have in Agile and we aim to please with all our products.
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    Hi Gilles,

I'm sorry to hear you have not been enjoying Knox. The reason we purchased Knox is because we use it every day and find it simplifies our lives.

What issues have you been having? Perhaps there is something we can do to help. We just released 2.0.2 a few minutes ago with several fixes in it; if we know what your biggest concerns are we can try to address them in the next update.

Also, I don't want anyone feeling like they are stuck with something they don't want. A refund may be possible (it depends on the purchase date as many companies will not allow us to refund past a certain date) so please contact us at [email]support@agile.ws[/email] and we'll see what we can do.
  • Gilles9
    Gilles9 Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hello,

for a few, just on first thought

the useless bouncing of Knox in the Dock, even though it is set to only be in the menu bar (cosmetic, but somehow disturbing) - 2.0.2 not fixed

the inability to have column view to stick as a preference, we can have column view, but as soon as the window is closed, and re-open, then back to folder view (this is more bothering) 2.0.2 not fixed

My point was, is, that you folks will do a great job with Knox, but I was suggesting that early adopter, under the Agile Brand, get the next major upgrade at a discount price

if I think of another problem I encountered, I'll post

Thanks
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Gilles9']the useless bouncing of Knox in the Dock, even though it is set to only be in the menu bar (cosmetic, but somehow disturbing) - 2.0.2 not fixed[/quote]

I just replied to [url=http://support.agilewebsolutions.com/showthread.php?24335-Every-now-and-then-Knox-doesn-t-recognize-preferences-I-suppose]your thread about this[/url]; let's discuss it more there.

[quote name='Gilles9']the inability to have column view to stick as a preference, we can have column view, but as soon as the window is closed, and re-open, then back to folder view (this is more bothering) 2.0.2 not fixed[/quote]

In Finder you mean? If so, I've seen this mentioned before, but Finder remembers the last view settings for me, so I'm not sure why it wouldn't for everyone.

[quote name='Gilles9']My point was, is, that you folks will do a great job with Knox, but I was suggesting that early adopter, under the Agile Brand, get the next major upgrade at a discount price[/quote]

We're not at the stage of planning Knox 3 let alone planning the upgrade pricing :) With that said, I think our track record with 1Password shows we treat existing customers pretty well. While I can't promise the same for Knox b/c it is a more focused product, 1Password had over 100 free updates before our single paid upgrade, which was given to existing users at 50% off. Since 3.0, we've had 15 free updates so far :)