This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Is it possible to hide the fields data with bullets in same way than the password?

Hi,

I'm starting to use 1P on Safari,

This is great, I opt for 1P rather than LastPass because I do not like the idea to be hooked to a unique server.

But i have a request, if this is not yet possible, to access some sites you have to enter a random number of characters from your password.

I find a way to to that by splitting the password in several fields, one per character, and when i want to connect i just copy and paste the individual characters in the right order, see attached screen capture. This is a little cumbersome but that is ok, security always bring some constrains. But the thing which would be good for improved security and probably not difficult to implement is to have all the fields shown as bullets like the password so a screen capture could not copy.

any suggestion on that?

regards

bt

Comments

• bt,

These types of password requests are becoming more common, unfortunately there's some question if they are actually secure, but that's not something we'll debate here.

The problem for 1Password is that no site does things in the same with regards to these, so there's really no way for us to know which character of the password is being requested at any given time. That said, we are looking into some ways to make this easier to handle for copying and pasting, but I can't promise if or when this may be available.

Sorry I can't give you a better answer right now,
  • Thanks stu for your reply,

I would be happy just if you hide the fields like the password, no need for something more elaborated because as you say the way to enter the password can be very different between sites, so let the user make the adequate copy paste. However hiding the field would be very beneficial in terms of security.

regards

bt
  • Ah, that's a good point, we are hoping to make any field maskable in the future, so this is certainly something we can look into.