This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

It prompts for master password ...

I use FF6 with 1P/W v3.8 and corresponding plug-in.

When I try to log-in via keyboard shortcut, 1p/w window pops up asking master password.

It's kinda annoying.

This kind of behavior never happened prior to v3.8.

How can I fix it?

Comments

• I'm sorry Lex, but at the moment 'Never Prompt for Master Password is not supported by the new extensions. This is something we're looking into, but I don't have a timeframe for when this may be available.
  • [quote name='stu' timestamp='1313632651' post='40223']

I'm sorry Lex, but at the moment 'Never Prompt for Master Password is not supported by the new extensions. This is something we're looking into, but I don't have a timeframe for when this may be available.

[/quote]

OK. I can wait. Thanks for your response. It solved my curiosity.
  • jdthird
    jdthird Junior Member
    [quote name='stu' timestamp='1313632651' post='40223']

I'm sorry Lex, but at the moment 'Never Prompt for Master Password is not supported by the new extensions. This is something we're looking into, but I don't have a timeframe for when this may be available.

[/quote]

Is it at least SOMEWHERE on the table? I see the newest update supports a firefox BETA, so the fact that all of us safari users had to take an annoying step backwards and now get ignored while beta software is being incorporated is rather frustrating to the existing client base.

It's this kind of lack of consideration that has ended up with so many defecting from 1Password now to other products. We've been hearing since Lion came out that it's being "looked into" but it's frustrating that we safari users LOSE functionality with these changes while you keep adding more for other systems that weren't even supported yet.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi jdthird,

To be fair, Firefox users and Safari users were in the same boat. Both Safari 5.1 and Firefox 6 broke 1Password and we had to create entirely new extensions in order to get each of them to work. We took the opportunity to sync up the codebase and now the extensions are nearly identical. This will make transitions in the future much easier as well as make the 1Password experience more consistent across all browsers.

We definitely plan on working on the issue with "never prompt for master password" however we do NOT recommend enabling this setting (and never have).

Ben