This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password Firefox plugin not working

I'm running OS X 10.6.8, Firefox 6.0, 1Password 3.8.0 .

When I first upgraded to Firefox 6, I got a popup saying the 1Password plugin was no longer supported. So I ran 1Password, and updated it to 3.8.0, and then went into the 1Password "Browsers" preferences tab and clicked "Install Extensions", and selected "Firefox 6+" from the page that opened. I downloaded the extension "1Password for Firefox" version 3.8. I then restarted Firefox.

However, I do not have a "1P" button anywhere on the top of my Firefox window, and when I right-click on text-input fields (including username/password input fields, e.g. the one for logging in to forum.agilebits.com), I no longer have a "1Password" option in the context menu.

Similarly, when I go to web sites using HTTP Basic Auth (i.e. where Firefox pops up a window prompting for a username/password, rather than embedding that as part of a HTML form on the page itself), 1Password is not available in that dialog window either.

As far as I can tell, the Firefox 6 extension is not working at all.

Can you advise?

Comments

• Installing the beta 3.8.1b version of the 1Password Firefox extension does not help.
  • I've read all the prior posts and have run into many of the same issues. I finally got the extension to work when I read that the Icon is now on the right side of the page. I have a few other issues not addressed in the forums. I can no longer "Launch" 1PW from the toolbar as before. I don't mean to auto fill passwords I mean to see the lists of login, wallets, accounts etc. I have to open Applications first then open 1PW from there in order to see all that 1PW is holding . Also, not all websites are responding to auto fill. In fact I cannot fill the login information at all from the 1PW icon on some sites. Lastly, I find I am having to enter my Master PW with this new drop down box. How do I eliminate this step?

DorAgile
  • I have the same problem with 6.0 and 1Password Version 3.8.0 (build 31111) - I would like to see a fix for this if possible.
  • [quote name='nocturne' timestamp='1313678058' post='40387']

Similarly, when I go to web sites using HTTP Basic Auth (i.e. where Firefox pops up a window prompting for a username/password, rather than embedding that as part of a HTML form on the page itself), 1Password is not available in that dialog window either.

[/quote]

I'm having this same problem, which seems to just be how the new extensions work? (Safari's new 1password extension has this problem as well).

Is there any fix for this? Or a planned update to put this feature back into 1password?

It's pretty annoying to not be able to use 1password when a password dialog box comes up!
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi folks,

The lack of HTTP auth support is due to the new APIs (or lack thereof) in Firefox 6 and Safari 5.1. This has always been an issue in Chrome. It appears Mozilla, Apple, and Google simply don't think HTTP auth is important anymore, as they don't give plugin developers any means to interact with these types of logins. We are looking for a workaround, but it isn't likely that anything can be done soon. The best I can suggest is to get in touch with these browser developers and express to them how important it is to you to have an HTTP auth API in their browser so that programs like 1Password can interact with them.

Thanks

Ben