This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Error Message: "No Mountable File Systems" during vault mounting

snpower
snpower Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
I observed the spinning circle in The "Enter Password..." dialog window for several minutes before this error message appeared. A second attempt to mount the vault was successful. I'm new to encryption (and nervous about it); hoping someone can explain the meaning of this message.

I'm running v2.0 on 10.6.3 with 6 gigs of RAM on a 17" Macbook Pro.

Comments

• thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    Hi,

I am not sure about the message but you may want to upgrade to 2.0.1.
  • snpower
    snpower Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    It's build 119 which shows up as 2.0 but under release notes I see that it is 2.0.1.
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    edited December 1969
    Ah yes sorry about that little snafu I forget about that little quirk some times.

I personally have not had your error appear but only once or twice and it was never with a knox vault, so I will still defer to the team.

Thanks for reminding me about the version numbers. Gotta keep me on my toes. :)
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    Are you trying to mount the vault using the Knox menu, or by double-clicking the vault in the Finder?
  • dteare
    dteare Agile Founder
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='thightower']Ah yes sorry about that little snafu I forget about that little quirk some times.[/QUOTE]

Ah, I see, only the first few digits of the version number are appearing. We'll try to fix this in the next update.
  • I am having the same issues. I have gotten the no mountable file system error a few times, then it remounts fine.

Now i'm locked out. seems i can't get past the error of "no mountable file systems"

HELP..

I'm using the most current version as well. 2.04 128

HELPPPPP....
  • bumper314
    bumper314 Junior Member
    I get this error as well on 10.6.4 but I'm running Knox 1.6.4 (1007). It always mounts fine the second time, but of course it's very concerning. In my case, I'm mounting a Knox drive from over the network.
  • Very new to the forum... (just signed up)

Version: Knox 2.0.05 (129)

Operating System: Mac OS X

Vault with issue: External 1TB Seagate Hard Drive

I am having issues with my 1 TB external harddrive. I bought 2 identical external 1 TB seagate hard drives. I reformatted both drives using the Knox preferences panel ...when I try to open one of the two vaults I receive this error message

"mac OS X can't repair the disk " ____1 TB" you can still open or copy files on the disk. back up the disk and reformat it as soon as you can. "

I cant open the vault to copy the files and reformat the hard drive.

PLease note that this drive worked for several days until after added the second 1TB hard drive today

can anyone help!!!!
  • tebitevas
    tebitevas Junior Member
    I have this problem too