This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Quick question about key logging

First of all I really like this application, it has made my life so much easier! I do have a question with protecting the security of my master password though. I'm guessing that if I'm using cellular data or unprotected wifi then someone could get my master password when I enter it by key logging. If so, then they would have access to everything in my account, correct? Should I only enter the master password on a secured network?

Maybe it's a stupid question, but I travel a lot and didn't really give it much thought until I was out and needed to access a site on my iPhone and had to enter my master password over 3G cellular. Is that correct or am I missing something?

Thank you.

Comments

• Stefan von Dutch
    Stefan von Dutch Community Moderator
    edited August 2011
    A key logger is a piece of hidden software that runs on your PC and monitors your key presses. It is unrelated to an unprotected WiFi network. They usually arrive on your PC like viruses do; whenever you execute something that you should not have executed (for example: illegal software that you downloaded from some torrent web site).

Anyway, if you're worried about key loggers, then use our virtual keyboard. When you need to enter your master password, you should see an ellipsis ("...") button. Clicking this ellipses button brings up our virtual keyboard.
  • azazure
    edited August 2011
    OK, I understand how that works now. I also hadn't noticed the virtual keyboard ellipsis before. Thanks for your help.
  • Hey azazure,

On behalf of Stefan, you are very welcome!

Thanks for updating the thread, and please let us know if we can be of further assistance.

Cheers!

Brandt