This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Safari 5.1 Save login problem

cswright
cswright Junior Member
MBP, OS 10.6.8, 1 Pass Version 3.8.1 (build 31115), latest extension. I saved a login manually following the directions using the 1P pushbutton and clicking the plus sign. The login saved and works fine but it does not show up in my list of logins in the main program. Is that normal? If not, what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi cswright,

This is a known issue. Please check out this guide:

[url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/troubleshooting_safari_5.1.html#extension_data_does_not_match_the_main_application"]Extension Data Does Not Match the Main Application[/url]

Thanks

Ben
  • budsimrin
    budsimrin Junior Member
    This is a related but different question. I'm not sure if I should create a new post for this. But… here goes.

I am using 1P ver 3.8.1. I can use the plus sign to create a NEW login for a Safari 5.1web page using Leopard, and it shows up in my list of logins. But I prefer to modify the EXISTING login and I don't see how to do that from 1P in Safari. Also, if I modify the existing password in the main 1P application, will the 1P app remember the prior password in the password histories (which is a nice feature)?

Note: I have "Ask to save new logins" checked in the Safari 1P settings window, but 1P doesn't ask.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi budsimrin,

The ability to replace or update an existing login is on our list to implement in a future update to our extension but I do not have a timeframe on this. It is not possible to do this now via the extension but if you modify the password in the main 1Password app, it'll work and yes, 1Password will log the old password as part of the password history.

1Password will prompt to save a new Login when you use a new login with a different username/password. Can you tell us which site didn't work for the auto-save prompt?