This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Multiple URLs per Login item

I have several accounts with are valid across multiple URLs (sites like amazon.co.uk/.de/.fr./.co.jp/.com, he.net/tunnelbroker.net, wordpress.com/gravatar.com and so forth).

It would be super useful if I could add multiple URLs to each login item so that I could avoid unnecessary duplication...

Comments

• MacMacken
    MacMacken Junior Member
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Thanks for the suggestion folks, and welcome to the forums Matias. This is a suggestion that comes up from time to time. If we can find a good way to implement it without over complicating things then I imagine we will at some point. I don't know of any definite plans at this time though.
  • The new 3.8.1 browser plugin lacks the "Other logins" menu, which was in the previous version of the plugin.

These 'Other logins' usually had all the 'alternative' credentials I was looking for.

I.e. on a Subdomain.site.com it suggested the logins saved for www.site.com - very handy.

Unfortunately, the new 'fancy' 3.8.1 plugin spoils it all: the "stylish" interface is slow, the necessary features are gone. Very sad. Hope for soon improvements or a rollback.
  • The new extensions have a refined URL matching system that should mean more of your Logins are shown when you're on a particular site. We're still working to refine this, but you can easily access any of your saved Logins from the 'All Logins' tab (second option) and search for a particular item to perform a 'Go & Fill' for that site.

There's not going to be a rollback, but we do want to make sure the new extensions are the best interfaces to 1Password, they're by no means 'final products' and our developers are working hard on new features to improve both the interface and usability.
  • For my use cases "Go & Fill" is no option. Or I do not know how to use it correctly.

In our intranet we have a central user data which nearly web applications use. I also have a couple of accounts personal, test, admin, ….

The URLs look like this.

prod.site.com

cms.site.com

cms.staging.site.com

usermgmt.internal.site.com

forum.xyz.site.com

In the past I could CMD+\ on any login page (*.site.com) and I got a choice of all logins. This is gone now.

I did not find a way to make it work again.

Do I have to create an entry for each URL times each user, now?

I was so happy with on entry per user account. Especially since passwords need to changed regularly.
  • Hello neslob,

There have been some changes in Safari 5.1, so just in case you aren't familiar with the new procedure, please take a look at our help guide for [url="http://help.agile.ws/1Password3/troubleshooting_the_extension.html#how_does_go__fill_work_now"]How does Go & Fill work now?[/url]

You should be able to click the All Logins icon in the Safari popover (click the 1P icon), and then find and launch the entry.

Regarding your example URLs, I have a similar set of URLs, and I am able to see my list of similar domain entries by using the default Go & Fill shortcut: Opt-Cmd-\. Please give that a try and let us know if you are still not able to see the available entries.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • With Go & Fill you can't fill in the username/password from y.site.com on x.site.com, because it will open an new tab and go to y.site.com.

This worked way better in the old version with the "other logins" option
  • Hello sandman4sure,

We're doing our best to bring back the functionality and behaviors of the previous extension. Thanks for letting us know what you miss.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Aknat
    Aknat Junior Member
    Before the update to the new extension, I was able to login to amazon.de/.co.uk/.com with just one Amazon login item, now I have to create 3 items for one site again.... Is this a just a temprary "bug" or was the old way of handling this just removed? Because it really annoys the hell out of me, even if I'm a huge fan of your product(s) in general. Why does domain mapping work on the windows version but not on the mac?!

To be honest, I know people tend to complain about everything new because they aren't used to it (and I think I'm no different), but I think the old browser plugin was a bit better (it was bigger too, easier to read items) than the current one.