This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password 3.8.1 with Firefox 6 doesn't save new logins and can't save manual logins

Hi,

if I login to a new site 1Password doesn't save the login data. I also can't manually save the login date. I'm using Firefox 6 and 1Password 3.8.1.

Do you have a solution for this problem?

Thank you & Best regards!

Benno Sawitzki

Comments

• Same problem stops me from entering/starting new accounts! Disaster. Go back to old version. Can I?
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi folks,

Not being able to save logins in Firefox 6 is a known issue and one we're working hard to fix. This is partially fixed in the latest beta. In the mean time, if you want to revert to Firefox 5, you can do so by downloading it from Mozilla:

ftp://releases.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/5.0.1/mac/en-US/Firefox%205.0.1.dmg

Thanks

Ben
  • [quote name='bwoodruff' timestamp='1313924184' post='41234']

Not being able to save logins in Firefox 6 is a known issue and one we're working hard to fix. This is partially fixed in the latest beta.

[/quote]

Can you please clarify "partially fixed"? Under what circumstances should it work in its current state?
  • Sorry for the confusion, auto-save is still not available, though it is being worked on, but the latest 3.8.1 b1 version of the extension does support manual saving of Logins as such:

1. Enter your login credentials, but DO NOT submit the form.

2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.

3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).

4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

We're working to get the new Firefox extension fully functional, please do keep an eye on the forums for updates as they become available.
  • Do you guys not do ANY testing before you release new versions?
  • We test every version before it's released, but with only 6 weeks between Firefox 5 and Firefox 6 and a lot of that time being right in the middle of the launch of Lion and Safari 5.1 we had a lot less time than normal to get everything working.

While not ideal, we decided to release at least some form of support for Firefox 6 rather than leave users either forced to stay with Firefox 5 or forced to use Firefox 6 with no 1Password support. We're working to fix the issues with the current build of the Firefox extension as we speak.

The good news is that, in theory, this should be the last time there's a major delay in support for a new Firefox version, the new extensions framework we're using in Firefox already allows us to support Firefox 7, 8 and 9, all with just one add-on rather than having to build separate add-ons for each major version as we have had to do in the past.
  • Where can we get the latest beta from?

thank you!

Benno Sawitzki
  • The toolbar is also gone in FF6. This was extremely useful. Was that intentional or another bug that is being worked on?
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    It's no longer possible for us to have the toolbar in Firefox 6 at this time.

The beta updates are available by launching 1Password and selecting 1Password > Preferences > Updates and then checking the box for betas.