This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Cannot Find Generated Password / UI Cursor Focus

Paul Godfrey
edited August 2011 in Mac
It's hard to believe you released this product update as bad as it is. I'm now locked out of my online bank account because I let 1Password generate my password and then it didn't prompt me to save it. WTF?!? I've been using this product over a year and the Lion update has absolutely ruined it. Why can't I copy passwords to the clipboard? This is BASIC functionality that you are utterly failing at. When I click the 1Password icon for the first time in a browser session I'm prompted for a login - but clicking on the input I have no way of knowing the focus is there because the state doesn't change. Please please please fix this pathetic excuse for an update and fire whoever decided this was good enough to launch.

Comments

• I agree. The manual "save" is gone and 1password won't save some login boxes. I'm screwed. Will be switching off this soon. Also since there is not direct email to support and I have to use this support form and it is not saving password properly I probably can not get back on this support form. Disaster!
  • leoofborg
    leoofborg Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    Y'know, it would HELP if you guys mentioned specific browser/app combos. Which banking site?

I have *some* things working with the 'beta' builds, but again these are beta plugins. The stable plugins work with stable browsers for me and have since 3.6. On the two 'cutting edge' browsers (FF7 & Chromium nightly) I'm UNDERSTANDABLY having mixed results.

Example: I'm using Chromium (current) and the beta plugin DOES NOT WORK. There was a tip here to go back to the 'stable' Chrome plugin. THAT worked, even with 3.81. And while I don't have the keyboard shortcut ability, I *do* have the ability to save passwords, like when I went from the agilewebsolutions forum to this agilebits one..

I realize you guys are (probably) just letting off steam, but in the absence of any useful info to the devs, this thread should probably be locked.

One. Other. Thing. Lion let loose a whole mess of new APIs, ESPECIALLY in Safari. Safari 5.1 is now a NEW BEAST based on WebKit *2*. The Agile guys (and any other developer that works with Safari) now has to deal with this. There is no 'going back.' I won't even get into the the 64bit can o worms.

FFs 6 and 7 are changing things too. THAT is one (more) reason why the plugins have to change. And deprecation is why there is 'no going back' there either. If you NEED that kind of stability then 'stay where you are.'

If you want to be of help to the devs and get these issues resolved, less posts like this, please... I think the devs are doing their best given the circumstances and have nothing 'to be ashamed about.'

-Leo
  • jwarthman
    jwarthman Junior Member
    I disagree. The folks at Agile doing a great job, and this forum turns out to be an excellent way to get feedback from both staff AND other users when we have questions and/or issues.

And honestly, you will get more and better response if you use a less vitriolic tone in your messages.

Paul, you say you're "locked out" of your bank because you weren't prompted to save the newly-generated password. Well, you don't say which version of the OS or the 1Password software you were using, or which browser and version you were using, so this is a stab in the dark... But can you tell us what happens when, in the 1Password application (not the web browser), you click on "Generated Passwords" on the left side of the window? Do you see the auto-generated password?

Enjoy,

Jim
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    [quote name='Tom McDonald' timestamp='1313870748' post='41094'] Also since there is not direct email to support and I have to use this support forum [/quote]

support@agilebits.com

but please understand there is a flood of emails with the new extensions (3 of them) it may take some time to get through them. As emails are answered on a first in first out basis.
  • charlie98
    charlie98 Member
    [quote name='thightower' timestamp='1313884547' post='41122']

support@agilebits.com

but please understand there is a flood of emails with the new extensions (3 of them) it may take some time to get through them. As emails are answered on a first in first out basis.

[/quote]

hopefully the priority is support for current stable product then current beta. Hopefully an extension that is 2 versions out of date, or even 1 version, is receiving support consisting of check the current version and resubmit if still a problem.

It would also help if there was a list somewhere as to what was actually supported. For example, today I read about Chromium, the current release, being unsupported. I have to wonder what else falls into that category and have no clue where to go to find out.
  • [quote name='Tom McDonald' timestamp='1313870748' post='41094']

Also since there is not direct email to support and I have to use this support form...

[/quote]

Have you sent e-mail to [i]support@agilebits.com[/i]?
  • [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    [quote name='Paul Godfrey' timestamp='1313869381' post='41092']

It's hard to believe you released this product update as bad as it is. I'm now locked out of my online bank account because I let 1Password generate my password and then it didn't prompt me to save it.

[/quote]

Paul,

As Jim mentioned in his post, did you look in the Generated Passwords vault for your banking password? The vault is located just above the Trash icon in the left column. If you do not see it there, please look on the General tab in 1Password > Preferences and ensure it is enabled by checking the box.

Also, as Leo pointed out, you did not mention which versions of the 1Password app, the Browser and the 1P Browser extension that you are running. The bank site URL would be a big help too. Without this information, there is little that I can offer to try to help you. Hopefully, you've been able to reset your bank password with the least amount of inconvenience.

The cursor focus in the browser UI is a known issue with Safari 5.1 in Lion (not with Snow Leopard). The problem is being investigated, but I do not have any information regarding the timing of a fix. I realize it is not pleasant, but please bear with us while we look for a solution.

[quote name='charlie98' timestamp='1313889024' post='41129']

hopefully the priority is support for current stable product then current beta. Hopefully an extension that is 2 versions out of date, or even 1 version, is receiving support consisting of check the current version and resubmit if still a problem.[/quote]

charlie98,

We do support the current stable versions of browsers first. If a beta version is in the final testing stages before release, we work very hard to support that version too. In the case of Firefox, versions 6 and 7 are being released so close together....and very quickly after version 5, that we are releasing beta add-ons for that browser as quickly as we can.

It is important to remember that when any application, browser, extension, etc. is in beta, it changes often. Consequently, we have to change our products along with them. The result of the recent releases of Safari 5.1, Chrome 13, FF 5 (then 6, then 7) necessitate a large number of beta updates updates for 1P.

For those who do not wish to deal with the plethora of beta updates, you have the option to use only the most recent stable browser(s) of your choice and to use the most recent stable version of 1Password that supports that particular browser(s).