This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1password 3.8.1 crashes on launch with NSInvalidArgumentException

When I launch 1password, I see the error dialogue with Exception: -[NSNull stringByStandardizingPath]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x7fff70c68fa0

I've recently upgraded to the new version to deal with the Safari issues, but beyond that I can't think of any changes to the system.

I've read up on other topics in this forum for advice, and I've:

- quit browsers

- uninstalled 1password

- installed new one (and been prompted to keep old data or not)

- ran 1password (crashed, same error)

(including 'uninstalling and installing extensions while waving dead chicken over computer' and related variants on those).

I've also looked in ~/Library/Preferences to see if there's a plist I can crack open to look at (there was not).

So I'm basically locked out of everything. What do I do?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi donbot,

I'm not really sure what the problem here might be. I would normally suggest reinstalling but it sounds as if you've already done that. I'm leaving a note for my colleagues to take a look at this for you.

Thanks

Ben
  • So a week later... anything?
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Sorry donbot, it appears you are the only one who has reported an issue like this. As a temporary workaround you can right click on your 1Password data file and select "Show Package Contents." Within this folder you will see a file called 1Password.html. You can open this file in Safari and unlock it using your Master Password to gain read-only access to your data. I'm still searching for a solution for your problem.
  • That's a pretty cool workaround. Thanks. I'll sit tight.

You want me to attach a crash report or anything?
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    edited September 2011
    I believe you already sent us one?

If not then yes absolutely please do.
  • Still happened on 1.8.3 and 1.8.5.

I might just be missing something, but I don't see an email address for support on the site any more. And I can't open the application to look for one -- where should I send the crash report(s)?
  • Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, you can send reports to support@agilebits.com and we can look into this for you as quickly as possible.