This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Phantom Vault in Lion

bandlc4
bandlc4 Junior Member
I recently deleted a vault and created a new one. Now whenever my computer restarts the deleted vault pops up as a drive icon, same as any vault. If I try to open it, knox goes into an endless looping of opening windows.

How do I get rid of this thing?

Comments

• MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Hi bandlc4,

I'm sorry about the issues you're having with the *phantom* vault. Just to be clear, is it the deleted vault that the computer is opening or the new one?

Can you tell us which version of OS X you're using along with the version of Knox, is it 2.1.7?

Can you also tell us which windows it is opening, is it the finder windows?

Please try to open Knox if you can and then go to its Preferences > General and uncheck "Keep open vaults open after a restart" if it is checked. I'd also recommend unchecking "Open Finder Windows for all opened vaults.

Does that help at all? Please let me know.
  • bandlc4
    bandlc4 Junior Member
    I am using 10.7.1 and Knox 2.1.7 (157)

The computer, upon restart or reboot, puts an icon on the desktop of the Deleted vault. It does not open a window like when you want to open the vault. Information shows it is a 1.89GB Volume with 1.5GB free

My preferences are as you requested.

The contents are Bob's Vault 2011-07-25 13.55.sparsebundle of 357.3MB

When I click on it, I am asked for the password and then an endless loop of trying to accept the password, the sparse bundle icon (suitcase) appearing and disappearing on the desktop and sidebar.

I can and did eject the vault. The password window never closed, but stayed open at the stage you are asked to put in a password and shows a comment " no such file or directory." Then I cancel and the window closes.

I hope this is all understandable.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    Well, this is strange.

Can you open Knox, go to its Preferences > Vaults. Is the deleted vault on the list? If yes, select it. Can you tell us what it say in the "Vault location"? Is it in the trash? If not, press the "Move selected to Trash" button on the bottom left and then empty the trash. Restart the computer and see if that fixes the issue.
  • bandlc4
    bandlc4 Junior Member
    Bob's Vault is not listed in Preferences nor is it in the Vault location (Knox folder in Documents). This vault is only shown as a disc icon and can be ejected.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    edited August 2011
    Try pressing [font=courier new,courier,monospace]Command-I[/font] [font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]with the disk selected on your desktop. This should show the actual location of the file (see screenshot below). Could you tell me what the path is that is listed after "Disk image:" in the info window?[/font]

Also, have you tried ejecting the disk and emptying your trash?

[img]https://img.skitch.com/20110827-my5p5dsepsq8w9t7sk4p37ihj8.png[/img]
  • bandlc4
    bandlc4 Junior Member
    I have done everything you describe. Even without a restart the disc popped up overnight. If I had an email address I would mail you a screen shot of the Command I info. There does not seem to be a path as there is for a file.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    You can email us at support@agilebits.com but you will get a much faster reply in the forums at the moment. We are a bit backed up on email. You can attach a screenshot by clicking the "More Reply Options" button underneath the input box, choosing the file, and then clicking the "Attach This File" button before you submit your reply.

[img]https://img.skitch.com/20110829-rmwqe3abbd1geiqs39d7rkkdqk.png[/img]

Either way would be a great help. Thanks!
  • bandlc4
    bandlc4 Junior Member
    Problem solved. User error. Sorry. Thanks for the support.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    You are very welcome, and thank you for letting us know that the issue has been resolved!
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    [quote name='bandlc4' timestamp='1314618654' post='43110']

Problem solved. User error. Sorry. Thanks for the support.

[/quote]Hi Bandlc4,

In case anybody else get the same issue as you had, can you tell us about what happened and what you did to resolve this?

Thanks in advance!