This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Tech Document for Login Data?

Charles Turner
Charles Turner Junior Member
edited December 1969 in iOS
Hi-

I'm a fairly long-time user of 1Password, but just recently got it for my iPad. There are, on occasion, times when I have to manually fiddle with the login parameters to get a login that works on my laptop to work on the iPad.

I understand that this is the state of the iPad app at the moment, and really don't have any problems with it. I've been successful in every case to get it to work across both platforms.

I wonder though if there's a tech document that explains the parameters and underlying process? (for example, what's a "designated password"?) In spite of my success, I'm flying blind, and don't really know what the impact of my manual edits are.

I haven't found such a document on the web site here, but maybe someone could point me to it?

Many thanks, Charles

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited December 1969
    Hi Charles,

We don't really have a tech document on the way logins are saved as such, but we do have some resources that may help you understand things that can cause logins to fail and you can take a look at this here:

[url]http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/login_fails.html[/url]

Some of this information is written for the iPhone version, but a lot of the principles remain the same. The 'designated' username and password markers are designed to tell 1Password which fields are the actual username and password, this is more for display purposes than anything else.

Hope that helps,
  • Charles Turner
    edited December 1969
    Thanks for the reply Stu!

I had seen the page you linked already, but it's good to know I didn't miss anything. I understand you folks have a lot of moving targets you're trying to hit.

Perhaps you can answer me this one question:

I've followed your advice to look at the HTML source for the <input> ids, and use those attributes for the 1Password field names. This invariably works, but what seems to be screwing up my iPad logins are other key-value pairs that Mac 1Password has captured, mostly "Login" or "Remember Me" input fields. It seems that simply deleting these enable the iPad 1Password to login.

What I don't know is whether these other fields that iPad 1Password is tripping over are important or not. Can I simply delete them as I have been doing? They don't effect the auto-login capabilities of Mac 1Password, do they?

Best wishes, Charles
  • DBrown
    DBrown
    edited December 1969
    Charles, there are probably exceptions, but deleting most fields (besides those designated as username and password, of course) shouldn't affect 1Password's ability to fill and submit [i]most[/i] forms.
  • Charles Turner
    edited December 1969
    Thanks David! I appreciate your indulging my curiosity on this subject...
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Charles Turner']Thanks David! I appreciate your indulging my curiosity on this subject...[/QUOTE]

I'm glad to hear you got the information you were looking for. We're here to help wherever we can.