This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Focus reverts back to Logins when closed

tmr250z
tmr250z Junior Member
edited December 1969 in Mac
I don't quite know which build this started happening in, but currently using 1P v.3.2.3, focus reverts back to the Logins section when 1P is closed. I have my login entries sorted out in different folders in the Folders section and if I select one of those folders, giving it focus, when I close 1P and then reopen it, the focus goes back to the Logins section. It is supposed to stay on the folder that was selected before 1P was closed. Like I said, I don't know when this started happening, but I noticed this occurring in the last build too. Is this a bug, or just a change in 1P I don't know about or is there something wrong with my set-up?

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    That's odd, I just experimented and no matter what VAULT or FOLDER I might select, when I then quit 1Password and re-launch it the previously selected item in the sidebar was still the highlighted object. Perhaps there's a problem updating your 1Password preferences file where we keep the sidebar context stored. Can you change other settings in 1Password > Preferences and the change is still there between runs of the application?
  • tmr250z
    tmr250z Junior Member
    edited June 2010
    [quote name='MartyS'] Can you change other settings in 1Password > Preferences and the change is still there between runs of the application?[/QUOTE]

Yes. I tried changing which items are displayed in the sidebar, the 1P auto-lock settings, the browser login options, and all changes remain when closing and re-launching 1P.

[B]Edit:[/B] Another thing I noticed is that whichever entry I have selected within a folder in the Folders section, that entry is the one that is highlight when it reverts focus back to the Logins section.

[B]Edit again:[/B] I also noticed that it does not happen when "Disable automatic unlock for 1Password" is unchecked.
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='tmr250z']Yes. I tried changing which items are displayed in the sidebar, the 1P auto-lock settings, the browser login options, and all changes remain when closing and re-launching 1P.

[B]Edit:[/B] Another thing I noticed is that whichever entry I have selected within a folder in the Folders section, that entry is the one that is highlight when it reverts focus back to the Logins section.

[B]Edit again:[/B] I also noticed that it does not happen when "Disable automatic unlock for 1Password" is unchecked.[/QUOTE]

Good test results, thanks! I can now reproduce what you're seeing by checking the "Disable automatic unlock for 1Password" and locking my data file before quitting the 1Password application. I'll let the developers know so they can decide how they want to handle the conditions.
  • tmr250z
    tmr250z Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    That's great, thanks. I was just about to completely uninstall 1P and reinstall it. Glad to know its not just me.
  • tmr250z
    tmr250z Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Hey, was this issue fixed in the recent update, because this is still happening for me in v.3.2.5. If not, could give me an ETA of when it will be?
  • RobYoder
    RobYoder Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='tmr250z']Hey, was this issue fixed in the recent update, because this is still happening for me in v.3.2.5. If not, could give me an ETA of when it will be?[/QUOTE]

No, this has not been fixed yet. However, we have extensively tested it and created a bug report for it. I hope we can get it fixed soon, since it has annoyed me for a while as well, but we don't have an ETA, I'm sorry.