This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Using 1P with Firefox & Lion: Patiently waiting while challenges are overcome

diitto
diitto Junior Member
I've lost the ability to have a "1P" to help me automatically log on to sites the offer up a secondary username/password pulldown window... I lost it sometime ago in Safari and now after the most recent update to Firefox, I've lost it there too... I have several pages like that and for those I now have no choice but to return to pre 1Password days and enter the username and password manually... In other words, 1Password is of no further value for such sites...

For other sites, most sort of work but most won't complete the final "return" to actually log on to the site... And I've never gotten any clear direction on how to remake these logins such that I don't end up with something even less useful than what I started with... So I've resorted to just using 1Password as is but it's far less useful to me than it used to be...

Bottom line is moving to Lion appears to have made it real tough on 1Password... I will hang in there with it partially broken for a while but I'm unfortunately moving backward toward memorizing passwords again and getting used to manually entering usernames and passwords again... That is a painful move in the wrong direction...

bob...

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi Bob,

Lion / Safari 5.1 / Firefox 6 have completely changed the way that we need to work. There are all new APIs that we need to use in order to work with these browsers. As such, we had to recreate our extensions from scratch in a relatively short amount of time. We're working very hard to make the new extensions even better than the old ones were.

We appreciate your feedback and your patience.

Ben
  • diitto
    diitto Junior Member
    Well, I love 1Password and am not intending to complain... It's just that, as I trust you know, this Lion/Safari/Firefox change has offered seemingly more challenges to you guys (and hence through that to we users) that I certainly remember seeing in the years I've been using 1Password... I'll hang with it... The only thing I will say is that I usually don't get lost and can usually follow directions reasonably well but I have to say i've sort of gotten lost on where to go next with these Extensions, etc., so lately I've just been holding pat and sort of muddling along... Case in point is I saw one Extension that appeared to be at 3.8.1 and then moved to 3. 8??? Doubt I saw that right but that's what I thought I saw... Just a bit much going on so I will just be patient for a while and see where things move down the road... You guys do a lot of good and hard work... Now it just appears to be even a bit more challenging than even usual... We appreciate all your efforts... thanks... bob...
  • Hello Bob,

Thank you for your patience while we navigate the new browser landscape. There have been a lot of challenges, and I'm sure there will be more to come. I certainly do not read your comments as complaining. I read them as honest and specific feedback about the current state of things.

As we've opted to push out extension fixes and/or functionality updates quickly, rather than waiting for a cumulative release, I do understand your confusion regarding extension versions. We are working to consolidate the browser/extension info so that you'll be able to go to one place to find out the latest stable & beta builds for each browser we support, along with any requirements regarding the need to use a particular release of the 1Password application.

Thank you again for your feedback and for your willingness to hang with us. Please let us know if you have any additional observations that you would like to share. We listen to them all.

Cheers!

Brandt