This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Browser Locking

Oxon
edited August 2011 in Mac
A previous, now locked ,Topic said:

[i]"By default, Universal Unlock is enabled. This feature allows you to unlock 1Password once and only once, and have it lock everywhere when you manually lock 1Password or your Autolock preferences are triggered.[/i]

[i]If you'd like to disable this, go to 1Password > Preferences > Security and enable the Disable automatic unlock for all applications checkbox. [/i]

[i]Like This"[/i]

[color=#000000]I'm slightly confused by [/color][i]Disable automatic unlock for all applications. This [/i]seems to have no effect on the browser (1P button) preference of [i]Enable Universal Unlock. [/i]In fact it doesn't seem to have any effect at all.

I want to ensure that when the 1P app is locked - either by quitting, or manually locking or after the the 'no activity' period - the browser is locked as well. At the moment when I quit 1P app (which then requires a password to re-open) the browser remains unlocked. Having to remember to lock them both is too risky for a man of my advanced years.

Can you advise me of the securest settings please.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi Oxon,

The new browser extensions have further complicated the security settings and we are working on simplifying that. To accomplish what you want, you'd need to check "enable universal unlock" in the extensions settings. This also implies "enable universal lock" though it doesn't say it. Do NOT check the "disable automatic unlock for all applications."

Hope that helps.

Ben