This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Problem with 1P on Safari Tool Bar

I am running Snow Leopard with all the relevant updates.

Every time I click on the 1P button the window opens and all the applications available open at once and will not allow me to do anything.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi fdsaadfd,

Welcome to the forums.

The broken 1Password window can be caused by several unsupported Safari extensions. Because of the unsupported nature in which they interact with applications, these extensions can interfere greatly with the proper behavior of the 1Password browser extensions.

Examples of extensions we've seen that cause issues are "SafariSniffer" and "Wondershare AllMyTube/Free YouTube Downloader". It is likely other unsupported extensions would result in similar problems.

You can see if you have any of these installed by looking in these folders:

~/Library/ScriptingAdditions (in your Home folder)

/Library/ScriptingAdditions (in the root of your hard disk)

The most popular one is SIMBL, but there are others as well. Try moving anything you find in these folders somewhere else, for example, to your Desktop.

Once the files are moved, please restart Safari and I suspect you will be greeted with a much more enjoyable 1Password experience.
  • Checked in ~/Library/ScriptingAdditions the only file in there is 1Password
  • Your funny! I have never ran any of the silly browser extentions Safari allows. Anyone knows the whole Safari extention thing serves 2 purposes First it is for Apple to steal ideas to incorporate into their stuff. then it is for beginners to play with coding and feel like they are players too.

When I find a 1Password browser extention in the mix it more than cheapens the product. It makes me wonder about its actual role as standing sentry over my computer security. Duhh you guys have lost it!
  • Sorry for the delayed reply, can I ask which version of 1Password you currently have installed, you can check this by going to 1Password > About 1Password.