This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Short cut key has stopped functioning

NestorPH
NestorPH Junior Member
I am currently running version 3.8.1 (build 31115). I've noticed that the cmd-\ shortcut no longer works and I have to select passwords by clicking on the 1P button every time, even if there is only one selection for the site. I use Safari almost exclusively. Anyone else experiencing this?

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi NestorPH,

Can you please check and make sure the shortcut is still set properly in 1Password > Preferences > Logins? Please try changing it to something else and changing it back if it is already set.

Ben
  • NestorPH
    NestorPH Junior Member
    I checked and found that the cmd-\ shortcut is now used by another application (DevonThink Pro) when I tried to assign another key and went back to cmd-\. I tried assigning a new key in 1Password (shift-cmd-period), but that didn't work either. I disabled the shortcut in DevonThink Pro and was able to assign cmd-\, but it still doesn't work when I'm on a site requiring a password.

[quote name='bwoodruff' timestamp='1314279573' post='42361']

Hi NestorPH,

Can you please check and make sure the shortcut is still set properly in 1Password > Preferences > Logins? Please try changing it to something else and changing it back if it is already set.

Ben

[/quote]
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Thanks, Nestor, it sounds like DevonThink Pro may not be releasing the shortcut. Did you try restarting your Mac after assigning DevonThink a different shortcut?