This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Different Masterkeys

I have 1Password 3.8.1 installed on Macbook Pro with Lion.

Webrowsers: Firefox 6.0, Safari 5.1 and Chrome

I have installed the latest extensions in all the browsers as well.

I have 1password syncing to my iPhone, iPad and Windows PC via dropbox.

Now the issue, I have recently changed my masterkey, I can access the 1Password database from all the devices with the updated masterkey, except through firefox 6.0 installed on my Macbook Pro, when the extension pops up, I have to enter the old masterkey to access the database, the other browsers on the Macbook all work correctly.

It is as if the firefox extension is referencing an old copy of the database, any ideas or assistance in resolving this issue.

Thanks all.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi ProfKay,

Welcome to the forums. That is actually exactly what is happening. We're aware of this issue and are working on a fix. The short term solution though is to uninstall and reinstall the extension. In Firefox, select Tools > Addons. Select Extensions. Find the 1Password for Firefox extension and select Remove. Quit Firefox and 1Password. Launch 1Password and select 1Password > Install Browser Extensions. Install the extension for Firefox.

This should sync up the Master Password from the main database into the Firefox database.

Ben