This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Database Error After Update?

I was just prompted to update 1Password to the latest version, which I did. After doing so, I attempted to enter my master, and received the following error:

[i]Exception: The encryption keys file does not exist at '/Users/Zolmes/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/1password.keys'[/i]

The file [i]isn't [/i]there anymore (I assume this is part of the update?), but I do have the .keys file still, as well as my backup. At the same time, my Chrome extension has stopped working, so I have no way to access my passwords.

Any suggestions/advice?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    edited August 2011
    Hello Zomes and welcome to the Forums!

Please change your master password in 1Password on your Mac (Preferences > Security > Change Master Password). You can change it back immediately if you wish, but that will regenerate the .keys file and should resolve the error message.

Please let me know how it turns out!

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Unfortunately, I've tried that and I get the same error.
  • RZN8 Media
    edited August 2011
    I have the same problem.. Oddly the problem only effects the 1Pass accounts I have stored on dropbox. The account I have stored on my local machine isn't having problems. I get the error listed above.. "[i]Exception: The encryption keys file does not exist at '/Users/Grayling/Dropbox/1Password.agilekeychain/data/default/1password.keys'" when trying to open the file in one pass.[/i]

I ran a diagnostic report that says my "shortname" on my computer has to be all lower-case. this isn't true. It was "Grayling" not "grayling" last week and it worked fine. I did the update and now it's busted.

[i]When trying to select the database I have on dropbox from the preferences menu I get this error[/i] " No data file at the selected location. Please select the existing .agilekeychain or .1p4 datafile." It seems this is a problem common to users who have their data files on dropbox...

I've used these various 1pass files for months and never had this problems. Now all my staff members who manage large quantities of social media accounts for clients are standing around wondering what to do. Can't even get email support. Business is at a stand-still. what gives?
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    This error is generally caused by trying to open the keychain stored on Dropbox before Dropbox has finished syncing. If that is not the case, then please try restoring from a backup: File > Restore Data File from Backup