This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password Pro on iPhone 4 doesn't show up to sync

silvein
silvein Junior Member
edited June 2010 in iOS
I just finished syncing my iPhone 4 up with all my apps and music. I did not restore from a backup of my iPhone 3G.

When I turn on the Wifi sync in the iPhone app, it does not show up in the Desktop app.

I have tried it every way I could think of (iPhone app open first, Desktop app open first, open at the same time, Desktop wired/wireless, etc), but still nothing.

Any ideas?

Update: I tried creating a wireless network from my Mac and connecting to that network on the iPhone, but it still didn't work.

I can't see the iPhone in the Bonjour browser anymore though so it looks like its a network issue.

Update 2: Rebooted the Mac and everything worked fine. I'm an idiot. Feel free to lock/delete this thread.

Comments

• DBrown
    DBrown
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='silvein']Rebooted the Mac and everything worked fine...[/QUOTE]

That's good news, silvein! Thanks for updating the thread.

Oh, and welcome to the forum!
  • ColinATL
    ColinATL Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Rebooting my machine and my iPhone 4 several times hasn't worked. I also tried syncing using IP sync under Troubleshooting, and that didn't work either. :(
  • brent.s
    brent.s Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I cleared the cache using the Troubleshooting Help menu, and suddenly it prompted me for authorization and worked. Did you try that?
  • adamrogers
    adamrogers Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I'm having the same problem.

The same computer syncs 1Password fine with my iPad but doesn't find my iPhone 4.

I have rebooted my laptop and restarted my iPhone to no avail. I deleted the iPhone from 1Password (laptop) and it doesn't find it as a new device.

This sounds like a serious problem. Any ideas?
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='adamrogers']I'm having the same problem.

The same computer syncs 1Password fine with my iPad but doesn't find my iPhone 4.

I have rebooted my laptop and restarted my iPhone to no avail. I deleted the iPhone from 1Password (laptop) and it doesn't find it as a new device.

This sounds like a serious problem. Any ideas?[/QUOTE]

Is it possible that your new iPhone is ending up connected to a different network than your Macs when you're at home (versus at a free Wi-Fi location)? For the 1Password Wi-Fi syncing to occur, both the Mac and the mobile device must be on the same network subnet. Many newer home Wi-Fi routers come with dual channels and/or dual "networks": one for your trusted devices and a separate one for "guests". Please check your new iPhone's Settings > Network carefully to make sure it is on the same network subnet as your Mac.
  • adamrogers
    adamrogers Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MartyS']Is it possible that your new iPhone is ending up connected to a different network than your Macs when you're at home (versus at a free Wi-Fi location)? For the 1Password Wi-Fi syncing to occur, both the Mac and the mobile device must be on the same network subnet. Many newer home Wi-Fi routers come with dual channels and/or dual "networks": one for your trusted devices and a separate one for "guests". Please check your new iPhone's Settings > Network carefully to make sure it is on the same network subnet as your Mac.[/QUOTE]

MBP is 10.10.81.53

iPhone is 10.10.81.37

Same SubNet.

What else do you need to further troubleshoot?
  • adamrogers
    adamrogers Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    I noticed that I just have 1Password (not Pro). Will that make a difference?
  • macpug
    macpug Agile Customer Care
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='adamrogers']I noticed that I just have 1Password (not Pro). Will that make a difference?[/QUOTE]

No, you should still be able to sync. Here is a link to our [URL="http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/sync_problems.html"]Troubleshooting Guide[/URL]. Please take a look at it, follow the steps there, and if you're still having trouble, let us know. We'll do what we can to help you.
  • adamrogers
    adamrogers Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='macpug']No, you should still be able to sync. Here is a link to our [URL="http://help.agile.ws/1Password_touch/sync_problems.html"]Troubleshooting Guide[/URL]. Please take a look at it, follow the steps there, and if you're still having trouble, let us know. We'll do what we can to help you.[/QUOTE]

I've done everything in the troubleshooting. I just finished deleting and reinstalling on my phone. No dice.

Great. before it was sycnching but at least I had a dated version of my passwords on my iPhone. Now I have nothing.

Please - what else do I need to do to get some real support? Is it only available through this forum?
  • adamrogers
    adamrogers Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    Ok... great.. now it's not working on my iPad either.. strange.

In the bonjour tool I do NOT see 1Password... but in the troubleshooting guide it doesn't say anything about fixing that.

What do I do next?
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='adamrogers']Ok... great.. now it's not working on my iPad either.. strange.

In the bonjour tool I do NOT see 1Password... but in the troubleshooting guide it doesn't say anything about fixing that.

What do I do next?[/QUOTE]

Sorry that you're having a lot of troubles, I was wondering if you do have any firewall running? If bonjour isn't detecting it, chances are the traffic is being blocked by something on your Mac or the router is blocking the traffic as well. Make sure you double check that you don't have any firewall running on your Mac, if you still see nothing, it is possible your router could be blocking the traffic. I need to know your router and network configuration to know how to proceed from now.
  • adamrogers
    adamrogers Junior Member
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='MikhailT']Sorry that you're having a lot of troubles, I was wondering if you do have any firewall running? If bonjour isn't detecting it, chances are the traffic is being blocked by something on your Mac or the router is blocking the traffic as well. Make sure you double check that you don't have any firewall running on your Mac, if you still see nothing, it is possible your router could be blocking the traffic. I need to know your router and network configuration to know how to proceed from now.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. I set up an ad hoc network and it works so it's got to be something on my network. I'll research. I've got a SonicWall TZ190. Sorry for the false alarm.
  • MikeT
    MikeT Agile Samurai
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='adamrogers']Thanks for the reply. I set up an ad hoc network and it works so it's got to be something on my network. I'll research. I've got a SonicWall TZ190. Sorry for the false alarm.[/QUOTE]

That's likely it, Bonjour uses TCP port 5354 and UDP port 53. So you can either set two DHCP reservation to set a static ip for the iPhone and your Mac and allow the ports between them or allow the local LAN have total bonjour access by allowing those ports.