This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Problems with 1Password on 2 computers

I have 1Password V 3.8.1 installed on my desktop computer and a laptop, and they behave differently. They both have the same master password. The laptop keeps prompting for an unlock password and will not accept it. To get the same version on both machines, I removed all Password files from the laptop. I then copied the desktop version to a flash drive and installed it on the laptop. When I open the program it is the same version that I had trashed.

On the desktop version the automatic log-in doesn't work properly. When I click on an entry it only goes to the site log-on page. If I click on the P in the tool bar, it shows the site. If I click on it, it then completes the log-on function. I don't understand why it is not totally automated.

Thanks for your help.

Comments

• Hello billraiain,

I'm sorry you experienced this problem. I have 1Password installed on my desktop and laptop also, and I can promise you that it should not behave the way you've described.

I'd appreciate it if you would provide some more details regarding your desktop & laptop systems. I am confident that we will be able to determine the problem so that you do not have to deal with this behavior in the future.

Please let us know which versions of Mac OS X & 1Password that you are running on both platforms. In addition, are you using Dropbox to sync your two systems? If so, please let us know that too.

We look forward to figuring out what went wrong.

Cheers!

Brandt