This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Black dialog box appearing when logging in

Gilles9
Gilles9 Senior Member
edited December 1969 in Knox
In the new version 2.0.2

when Knox is "loaded" in the menu bar (after a log-in)

a black dialog box appears with the word Knox in it, pointing towards the knox icon in the menu bar

Is this really necessary?

Is it possible to disable that function?

Honestly I want knox in stealth mode, no black box, no dock 1 or 2 bounces at start-up....

I know it is there for me to use as required, I don't need signs of its existence, except the menu bar icon.... simply

Thanks for considering

Comments

• MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    As always, we appreciate your feedback. This was done quite honestly because an overwhelming number of our customer run Knox, sometimes over and over again, and just don't realize (or remember) that it's loaded into the menu bar. They then ask why isn't Knox running. :( The "bubble" has always been shown on the first run of Knox but it was just easily overlooked.

I'll talk it over with the developers and see what we can do to produce a happy medium.
  • Gilles9
    Gilles9 Senior Member
    edited December 1969
    You know I have and had many menu items

and they never had to identify their presence so strongly

and If I ever forgot one, well it is mainly because I did not need it

At least make it an option

Thanks
  • MartyS
    MartyS AgileBits Customer Care (retired)
    edited December 1969
    [quote name='Gilles9']At least make it an option[/QUOTE]

We've got the developer's creative juices already working on this. We'll see what they come up with. I'm sorry if our first attempt at this is more "in your face" than you'd like it to be.