This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Mac > Windows - missing attachment

Hi. I am using the trial versions of 1Password for Mac and Windows to see how they work for my mixed OS environment. My question relates to this sequence of steps:

1. I opened 1Password on the Mac, then clicked [b]Accounts[/b] > [b]+[/b] > [b]Generic Account[/b] > [b]Add[/b] to create a new entry. I then gave the entry a name, entered a password into the password field, and dragged-and-dropped a passord-protected Excel file into the Attachments section. The password that I typed into the new Generic Account is the password for the Excel file.

2. I closed and re-opened 1Password on the Mac and confirmed all is ok: I was able to open the embedded Excel file, and then open it with the password that I had typed into 1Password (via copy and paste).

3. I closed 1Password and copied the 1Password.agilekeychain file to a USB thumb drive.

4. I removed the USB drive from the Mac and inserted it into the Windows computer.

5. I opened 1Password on the Windows computer with the "open existing data folder"option, pointing 1Password to the agilekeychain file on the USB drive.

6. 1Password on Windows was able to open the agilekeychain file that I had saved on the Mac, and the password that I had typed into the General Account on the Mac was now available in 1Password on Windows. So far, so good! But the attached Excel file was not there.

What else do I need to copy from 1Password on the Mac to bring the embedded Excel file over to 1Password on Windows? Is there some other document or folder on the Mac that I need to copy to the USB thumb drive?

As FYI, I am using "Excel For Mac 2011" on the Mac, and "Excel 2010" on the Windows machine. Excel files are compatible between these two versions and machines.

Thank you.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi pomme4moi,

Everything is contained within the 1Password.agilekeychain. On the Windows computer, do you see the attachments section on the item in question or is there no attachments section at all?

Ben