This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

empty trash, and bank login

kooshian
edited September 2011 in Mac
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Hello -[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]I'm having two separate minor issues. I am running 1password 3.8.2 and safari 5.1 on a macbook. The first issue is each time I open 1password, there is a password in the trash. I click the button to empty the trash, and it shows the trash as empty - but the next time I open the program, the password is in the trash again.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]The second issue is when I try to use 1password to open my bank account website - the user name is entered but not the password, and it is submitted before I can enter it in myself - so I get the page "The information you entered is incorrect. Please try again." Then I end up cutting and pasting the information into the form, and submitting it, and I'm in.[/size][/font]

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=4]Thanks ---- [/size][/font]

Comments

• stephan
    stephan Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    same here, I'm unable to empty the trash... (1Password 3.8.2, but had the problem also in version 3.8.1 / Lion 10.7.1)
  • I am having those exact problems! Send an email about a week ago to Agile's customer support. They have been great in the past about responding quickly, but I've gotten no response thus far. Despite their warning of a 7-day wait time and that they are concentrating more on responding to issues posted in the Forum, I don't see any response to the initial post in this thread. I hate the new browser extension. One problem after another, and most of the logins don't work anymore or aren't "recognized" by the program. It renders the browser plugin nearly useless. Please Agile, give us some help!
  • fribhey
    fribhey Junior Member
    edited September 2011
    same trash issue here. i empty the trash and seconds later it reappears. i'm also having the exact same problem with deleting folders, every time i delete a folder it's removed and then seconds later it reappears.

i'm running the latest 1password (3.8.2), the latest Snow Leopard (10.6.8 ) and if it matters, the latest version of Safari (5.1)
  • Hello everyone!

The reappearing deleted items issue was addressed in a recent update. However, in many cases, it has been necessary to [b]uninstall[/b] the Safari extension completely, [b]close[/b] Safari, [b]launch[/b] Safari and then [b]reinstall[/b] the current Safari Extension from our website: [url="https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/index.html"]1Password Browser Extensions[/url]

If anyone is also running Firefox, please see the following post for additional potential causes for the reappearing deleted items issue: [url="http://forum.agilebits.com/index.php?/topic/7375-cant-delete-logins-they-come-back/page__view__findpost__p__42161"]Firefox & Reappearing Deleted Items[/url]

Please ensure that you have updated to the latest version of 1Password, and then uninstall/reinstall the extension. Afterwards, please let us know if you are still experiencing this problem.

Cheers!

Brandt
  • Still happening in 3.9 on Lion...
  • thightower
    thightower "T-Dog" Agile's Mascot Community Moderator
    kellemia,

Could you check and see if all of your Macs / Browsers are running the same extension. I was having this same problem. I noticed one of the extensions was like a way earlier one.

Last night I uninstalled all my extensions and reinstalled them. I am traveling or I could check this easier with the other Macs at home.

Based upon one of your other posts I know you are using Dropbox. When I was trouble shooting my issue I noticed that one Mac was always doing the offending by re-adding the item to my keychain. In my case it was the wifes Macbook.

You may want to look at your events feed from Dropbox and see if the problems are coming from one specific Mac like my issue.
  • khad
    khad Social Choreographer
    I've been discussing this with Tommy. The results are not yet conclusive, but try this:[list]

[*]Make sure Dropbox is [b]completely synced[/b]

[*]Then [b]disable Dropbox[/b] on all machines

[*][b]Empty the trash[/b] on all of them

[*]See which computer(s) the items reappear on

[/list]

On the [i]magic, reappearing trash[/i] computer:[list]

[*][b]Remove[/b] the Safari extension

[*][url="https://agilebits.com/extensions/mac/safari.html?beta=y"][b]Reinstall[/b] the beta Safari extension[/url]

[*][b]Empty[/b] the trash once more

[*]See if the items reappear

[/list]