This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

not accepting master password with latest version but it worked fine with an older version

Hello,

I have the same problem...except with a MacBook Pro, 1Password, Firefox.

I updated the software and now cannot log in. I know I have my master password correct because I printed out my password sheet.

please help

Comments

• Welcome to the forums, lakers5!

I'm moving your post to a new thread in the 1Password for Mac forum, where it'll get expert attention from the right folks.
  • I am having trouble opening new version of 1 password. It asks for master password. I enter what I was using in older version and get error. I have a Macbook Pro running latest Lion browser. Can you help me
  • Sorry for the delayed reply to this thread, we've been working hard to catch up with everyone's posts.

The first thing to ask is if your password was all caps or all lowercase when it worked with the previous version? If so, please try toggling the caps lock key when entering your password, the reason this may work is because with our latest 1Password versions we removed a feature that would automatically try your password in the opposite case to what you'd entered, which was great for if you'd accidentally entered the password with caps lock on but caused issues when syncing to our iOS and Windows applications.

Please let us know,