This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1password with dropbox major issues

asukulu
edited August 2011 in Mac
I am now using 1password with drop box so I can sync my imac/snow leopard to my macbook pro with/lion.

Last night I changed the master password for 1password successfully then this morning when I go to use it has reverted back to my old password??

Edit - I have just noticed that the 1P icon only opens with the old password and the app uses the new password!! How and why does this happen? How do i fix this? I am going to have to revert back to my old less secure password because I dont want to have to use two different ones.

Also when I enter new passwords for websites they show up in the 1P icon menu for logging in but when I open logins in the app they are not there?? Where are they? (Edit - just noticed that there is a time delay of maybe about 10-15 minutes before the logins are updated in the app - is this normal?)

I have had many buggy issues since updating 1password. This is really unacceptable for software that is used for storing such highly sensitive information. This is like a beta version. I dont think it should have been released with all thses problems.

1password was so good up until around a month ago but now it longer works how it should. I also hate that I can no longer save logins manually in safari. That was a great feature, why would they get rid of it?

Support please help. And yes I am running the latest version of both 1password and safari and firefox

Comments

• Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    This is a known issue that is solved by reinstalling the extension: [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/troubleshooting_safari_5.1.html#extension_data_does_not_match_the_main_application"]Extension Data Does Not Match the Main Application[/url]

Also please make sure you are using the latest version of 1Password.

Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.

2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.

3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).

4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.