This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

New install 1password MAC will not accept password

davielad
davielad Junior Member
After my previous 1pswd. started refusing my master pswd. I went through the process of renaming my 1password.keychain. Downloaded a new copy and was asked to enter a paswd which I did. It accepted and the install was complete. On my first attempt to check if working, I was asked for master paswd. I entered and it was not accepted.

I went through the above editin the keychain and installed once more with same results.

I am totally unable to use the program. Any ideas. I find no similar complaints on the forum or online.

Comments

• I am having exactly the same problem, except that I did not download a new copy, just the latest upgrade for Lion.

I've been fooling with this problem for months.

I guess I should toss the app, but I'm dogged when trying to solve a seemingly simple problem.

I've been using Macs since around 1984.

I joined the Forum today. 29 August 2011, to see if there were any answers.
  • Ben
    Ben AWS Team
    Hi folks,

Welcome to the forums. Please try following these steps if the password you use to unlock 1Password does not work to unlock the browser extension:

[url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/troubleshooting_safari_5.1.html#extension_data_does_not_match_the_main_application"]Extension Data Does Not Match the Main Application[/url]
  • [quote name='marios' timestamp='1314670981' post='43219']

I am having exactly the same problem, except that I did not download a new copy, just the latest upgrade for Lion.

I've been fooling with this problem for months.

I guess I should toss the app, but I'm dogged when trying to solve a seemingly simple problem.

I've been using Macs since around 1984.

I joined the Forum today. 29 August 2011, to see if there were any answers.

[/quote]
  • Hello Bixmeister,

Did you intend to post a response? Unfortunately, only the post you were quoting showed up.

If you do have a comment, please let us know.

Cheers!

Brandt