This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Importing FF passwords

New to 1Password (3.8.2) and am trying it out with FF6 . . . I already have a lot of stored passwords (using Forget It). How do I import my passwords into 1P without having to type each one individually?? I tried the import from FF tab but it didn’t work.

Second question is when I go to a web site where I already have a log in and PW, how do I generate a new 1P password for the site. I’ve tried the toolbar 1P but it doesn’t seem to do anything.

I’d like to use 1P but the issue of having to importing passwords into it would be a deal breaker. Am I missing something??

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Comments

• I couldn't get an Import from Firefox working but I used a Firefox extension called Password Exporter to export to CSV format then imported that into 1Password.
  • Thanks for the tip, mekondelta,

The new Firefox extension doesn't have support for accessing your existing Firefox passwords, I believe this is due to limitations in the JetPack APIs we're using. Our developers are aware of the issue but I can't promise if or when this is something we can address.

For now, exporting your Firefox data to CSV and then into 1Password is the best option.
This discussion has been closed.