This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

1Password 3.5.9 update oddities with Safari 5.1

jimturney
jimturney Junior Member
My MacBook with 10.6.8 has the older 1Password 3.5.9 which I want to update but when I select Check for Updates in 1Password I get a message saying "New version of Safari found. 1Password 3.5.9 does not support Safari 5.1". The Details button in that window takes me to your Agilebits webpage titled "Using 1Password in Safari on OS X 10.7 (Lion)" with a link to a Forum thread for enabling Safari extension on Lion...no use to me with Snow Leopard.

At first, I didn't see how to update 1Password using Check for Updates... because the Update window "A new version of 1Password 3 for Mac is available!" automatically launches Safari to your webpage http://Agilebits.com/autoupdate/relnotes which, uncharacteristically for Agilebits, has no notes! It's just a white page with the plain text "No release notes available for build #" (but no build number there either). This webpage covered the Update window on the small MacBook screen and clicking on an exposed edge of the Update window relaunched Safari with that linked webpage again covering the update window.

I then moved the Safari window almost completely off screen to expose the Update and re-launch button and all is well now.

This is the first time I've had anything other than a smooth update (and general usage) experience with 1 Password after 2 years of use. Considering the other recent problems I and others have been on the Forums trying to solve, I thought it was worth mentioning this issue as well.

The good news is that the 1Password extension for Firefox 6 works as expected on this MacBook. I was upgrading 1Password on it to check that since my main Mac Mini has the "Agent not connected" problem with Firefox 6.

Comments

• Sorry for the trouble with the update from 1Password 3.5.9, I'm not sure entirely what happened but I'm glad to hear you've managed up update now.