This is a staging forum for AgileBits, not an official support forum. Visit http://discussions.agilebits.com instead.

Problems with 1Password in Safari 5.1

Earl Rosebery
Earl Rosebery Junior Member
Every time I try, something else goes wrong. Latest Safari version; updated 1password today.. 1P button has no right click functionality. It often isn't there. Took five tries to find my data when I reinstalled- it was in my downloads folder. 1P button often not there. Autosave stopped working.. It's over to R***F*** for me. At least it works especially the everywhere version.

Comments

• Earl,

I'm really sorry to hear you've been experiencing some trouble with 1Password and Safari 5.1, we really want to do the best we can to help and I truly apologise if that help hasn't been available of late.

As you probably know we had to completely rebuild our Safari extension to support Safari 5.1 and so some features that we had previously are no longer available or have been replaced with new functionality as we detail [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/3_minute_expert_new.html"]in our guide to the new extension[/url]. One of these features is the right-click contextual menu support, from what I understand there are some APIs for these in Safari 5.1 but they're not at the level where we can provide true integration.

The issue with your data being in your Downloads folder is incredibly strange, the only way this could have happened is if you or someone else moved the 1Password.agilekeychain file there. Do you use, or have you used, Dropbox syncing before now?

If you're willing to work with us we'll be glad to try to help get your issues resolved, we understand this is a big transition but we're very excited about the future and what the new extensions mean in terms of functionality and performance.
  • Earl Rosebery
    Earl Rosebery Junior Member
    edited August 2011
    [quote name='stu' timestamp='1314722013' post='43308']

Earl,

I'm really sorry to hear you've been experiencing some trouble with 1Password and Safari 5.1, we really want to do the best we can to help and I truly apologise if that help hasn't been available of late.

As you probably know we had to completely rebuild our Safari extension to support Safari 5.1 and so some features that we had previously are no longer available or have been replaced with new functionality as we detail [url="http://help.agilebits.com/1Password3/3_minute_expert_new.html"]in our guide to the new extension[/url]. One of these features is the right-click contextual menu support, from what I understand there are some APIs for these in Safari 5.1 but they're not at the level where we can provide true integration.

The issue with your data being in your Downloads folder is incredibly strange, the only way this could have happened is if you or someone else moved the 1Password.agilekeychain file there. Do you use, or have you used, Dropbox syncing before now?

If you're willing to work with us we'll be glad to try to help get your issues resolved, we understand this is a big transition but we're very excited about the future and what the new extensions mean in terms of functionality and performance.

[/quote]

Dropbox syncing worked sometimes but was complex for me. Programs need to be seamless and intuitive. 1password was great until about a month ago. Then you tried to make it work with all the various mobile platforms, none of which I use. I'd work with you but don't have the time or energy. R***form everywhere works just fine. (for now). Best of luck fixing the program.
  • That's fair enough Earl, and thanks for the well wishes, we'd love to see you come back to 1Password in the future and if there's anything we can ever do to help with that please let us know.
  • [quote name='stu' timestamp='1314820327' post='43600']

That's fair enough Earl, and thanks for the well wishes, we'd love to see you come back to 1Password in the future and if there's anything we can ever do to help with that please let us know.

[/quote]

When I uninstalled absolutely everything including the library items and installed Version 3.5.13 (which i had on my macbook). things got a whole lot better